Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Was the paper a lot different to past exam papers?
    I didn't take Physics but I'm presuming that this should give some indication as to what the other science papers will be like.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/6thForm/com...aper_1/d3hj8rz ms let's go

(Original post by nickg15b)
    This is the official thread for this unit. Please message me any resources you find useful and I will post them here to the original post.

Websites

www.technocratnotes.com I very much recommend you download their app it is quite awesome.and good revision apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.app&hl=en_GB

you can find definitions here = http://technocratnotes.com/paper-1-5/

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/

http://cowenphysics.com/

further reading

https://www.newscientist.com/

ReputationRep:
    I do all 3 sciences and the specimen papers were nothing like each other...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    I didn't take Physics but I'm presuming that this should give some indication as to what the other science papers will be like.
    Sticks with the general trend of A levels now tbh, more about applying your knowledge instead of being told what to do

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was paper was pretty difficult, messed up the 6 marker! What property of material A did everyone put? Many people said elastic

(Original post by maximo17000)
    mine was somthing x10 to the -9. cant remeber exactly tho, did you do find the wavelength and use the wave speed equation?
    I didn't get a 10^-9 but yeah i used that equation after measuring the length with a ruler

(Original post by MimiH04)
    I thought this was paper was pretty difficult, messed up the 6 marker! What property of material A did everyone put? Many people said elastic
    I said brittle

ReputationRep:
    A was brittle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    Honestly after the specimen papers that one was great. Still hard but honestly I feel good. I think it started hard but ended easy?? Maybe because they left particles last hahah!! What did everyone get for that 5 marker for frequency????? I can't remember my answer but i'm sure I was wrong lol
    I got f = c/wavelength = 3x10^8 / 0.118m (11.8cm?)

Would that be correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    I found it harder than doing the older spec papers at home but that might just be because i was under pressure in the exam. Looking back on it, i think the paper was easier than the specimen papers we got but harder than the old spec papers. I just think they have increased the overall difficulty of all exams this year... YAY D;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKevinFang)

Would that be correct?
    Yep thats correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    I said brittle
    I said brittle as well but people were saying it's elastic because it's a straight line and stress is proportional to strain :/

ReputationRep:
    The engine question was pretty tough anyone feel like they got a decent 3 mark answer for it?

ReputationRep:
    I said brittle as well but people were saying it's elastic because it's a straight line and stress is proportional to strain :/
    There were multiple properties, so you would be awarded marks for discussing any one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by TheKevinFang)

Would that be correct?
    That's what i did but i rounded to 12cm lol.. But because it was 5 marks i think we had to do something else :/ unless marks were awarded for significant figures..

But it didn't stretch after elastic limit so that would make it brittle also? So i'm sure you'd get marked for brittle. Not sure if elastic would get the mark because B was also elastic up to a point, and D was the most elastic because it was most likely rubber..

ReputationRep:
    I got exactly that. But others are saying it was 12cm, could be some lenience in mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    What did people say for the 6 marker??

ReputationRep:
    I got 11.8cm as well. I think the 5 marks are for measuring correctly, identifying that it's the wavelength. Changing to meters. Then c=fl for the final 2

ReputationRep:
    The wavelength wasn't 12. It was actually 6cm because use need the of one wave not the 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.