Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    No basically the voltage in parallel is the same therefore the potential difference between the two sides will always be 0 as the volts are equal in parallel. Even if it is replaced by a battery with significant internal resistance the difference in volts will still equal 0, because in parallel the voltage is the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syns994)
    Question was
    1.5v battery is replaced with one with significant internal resistance. explain why the value on the voltmemter at A and B doesnt change
    No basically the voltage in parallel is the same therefore the potential difference between the two sides will always be 0 as the volts are equal in parallel. Even if it is replaced by a battery with significant internal resistance the difference in volts will still equal 0, because in parallel the voltage is the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentabcde)
    I got 0.79 as well
    I got -60.% point something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentabcde)
    I got 0.79 as well
    I got -60.% point something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.o.o)
    No basically the voltage in parallel is the same therefore the potential difference between the two sides will always be 0 as the volts are equal in parallel. Even if it is replaced by a battery with significant internal resistance the difference in volts will still equal 0, because in parallel the voltage is the same
    I guessed that one and just put it'll always be zero think I'll get a mark? That was the only question I was unsure on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fugro123)
    I guessed that one and just put it'll always be zero think I'll get a mark? That was the only question I was unsure on

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should get at least 1 mark for that (i think it was out of 2 marks)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if people have already asked, but is there an uniffivial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.o.o)
    You should get at least 1 mark for that (i think it was out of 2 marks)
    Sweet! Also what did you get for the stopping voltage or whatever it was called?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did you get for the percentage change in the diameter of the probe?
    I got -60 (point something) %

ReputationRep:
    Sweet! Also what did you get for the stopping voltage or whatever it was called?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the stopping voltage i did my previous answer (the maximum kenetic energy) devided by the charge of an electron however i'm unsure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.o.o)
    For the stopping voltage i did my previous answer (the maximum kenetic energy) devided by the charge of an electron however i'm unsure.
    Pretty sure thats right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somerandomer654)
    Sorry if people have already asked, but is there an uniffivial mark scheme?
    Not yet😐😑

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure thats right

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.o.o)
    I completely screwed that up, got ot wrong and still don't know it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.o.o)
    That's what I did so that's makes me a bit more confident

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marldor)
    I put A and D, as an elevator wire cannot stretch. And D because a bungee wire cannot plastically deform, and must stretch easily
    I put A for the lift too, but thinking about it I don't think you could use a brittle material. Theres a reason why the cables aren't made from ceramic...

ReputationRep:
    Part of the unofficial mark scheme has been posted in another thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4115771

That's the link to it ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabethkeay)
    I put A for the lift too, but thinking about it I don't think you could use a brittle material. Theres a reason why the cables aren't made from ceramic...
    Pretty sure it was B for lift and C for Bungee.

A is too brittle, will snap the second someone steps in lift, needs to strain a little to accoint for weight, but not to much.

C for Bungee as it strains and won't snap easily. Also wont strain so much thay the person hits the ground, which is what would happend with D

(My answer, maybe wrong)

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it was B for lift and C for Bungee.

A is too brittle, will snap the second someone steps in lift, needs to strain a little to accoint for weight, but not to much.

C for Bungee as it strains and won't snap easily. Also wont strain so much thay the person hits the ground, which is what would happend with D

(My answer, maybe wrong)
    Yeah I agree does anyone fancy comparing their answers privately with me or something? Desperate to speak to somebody about the paper!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.