Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al_YG)
    For those talking about the electricity.... the PD across A and B couldn't be zero since the potential difference between the resistors was different. To get the marks you had to talk about the resistances staying constant so for a different pd the change in voltage across the sources remains the same.
    THANK YOU, Someone else understands, exactly what i put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguywhosaidhi)
    i can't remember that one what did you get for the resistance of the WP. wire? I thought that was really tough, never been asked anything like that before
    i got it wrong, i got like 2.3 ://///

ReputationRep:
    Just asked my teacher who said that the only way the question could be correct is if it was always zero where the ratio between R1 and the probe was the same as between R2 and R3 which of my answer is correct it is and that would apparently give zero but it's either that or the question is flawed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al_YG)
    For those talking about the electricity.... the PD across A and B couldn't be zero since the potential difference between the resistors was different. To get the marks you had to talk about the resistances staying constant so for a different pd the change in voltage across the sources remains the same.
    Yeah I remember I put something similar to that as an educated guess but I was so worried I that I'd be wrong

ReputationRep:
    is this for year 10s? i just sat mine completely different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEWR98)
    Yeah I remember I put something similar to that as an educated guess but I was so worried I that I'd be wrong
    Did anyone mention the resolution of the voltmeter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, that paper went horribly badly. I'm looking at somewhere between 45/70 and 58/70, what grade do you think this will be?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon after the exam they should put you in a room for half an hour to realize all the stupid mistakes you made and then give you a clear paper after to redo it. So many stupid mistakes...

ReputationRep:
    how did people solve the 5 mark frequency question?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys on the electricity questions the second one marker for the current through the r3 was it just using v=ir for that resistance cause someone at my school said that it was just half the current of the circuit flows through each parallel line so 0.66/2 is 0.33?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10moorej)
    Hey guys on the electricity questions the second one marker for the current through the r3 was it just using v=ir for that resistance cause someone at my school said that it was just half the current of the circuit flows through each parallel line so 0.66/2 is 0.33?
    thats what i did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King_ajk)
    is this for year 10s? i just sat mine completely different
    No AS Level

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for this question where the current split (the one marker) people are saying they got like 0.065 however, for simply one mark shouldnt you just have to divide 0.66 by two to get 0.33.

ReputationRep:
    So

(Original post by datguy1999)
    thats what i did
    So did u just divide current by 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10moorej)
    So

So did u just divide current by 2?
    for one mark that just seemed like the logical thing to do, i am waiting for someone to tell me if im wrong, btw what did you get for the resistance of the cable in the next question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fugro123)
    No AS Level

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dam i look like a tool didnt read the title should saw physics

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know link to official Paper 2 thread? For AQA

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usamajk)
    how did people solve the 5 mark frequency question?
    If you're talking about the one to do with the microwave then I measure from the two furthest points to find the wavelength and used it in the wave speed, wavelength, frequency formula. For the short amount of space and the information given I couldn't think of what else we could've done

ReputationRep:
    I'm so stupid. I basically didn't read the 6 marker question and I only chose 1 material both situations and explained my reasoning (rofl) and then for the one where u had to find the resistance of the wire when its in parallel or something, I found an algebraic expression for the total resistance of the circuit with an unknown "R" in it and then I slipped up in my algebra somewhere at the point where I put this expression back into V=IR. For the reasoning why the decelerating force isn't constant I said because the mass isn't constant due to a change in mass as the aircraft loses fuel (I know, I'm stupid) and since F=ma, a lower mass gives a lower magnitude of the decelerating force and I couldn't do the % Diameter question and I didn't know what I was writing for the Voltmeter between A and B question. How many marks do you think I've lost?
    (Goodbye 290+ UMS)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.