Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain the answer to Question 33 on the second set of specimen papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quinn f)
    Here, we were given some by our school
    Let me know if the link isn't working

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oki4fnzq1w...ions.docx?dl=0
    is this aqa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys...Does anyone know how to do any of these questions (see attached) ...they are from the specimen Paper 2 and I really don't understand how to do them! :'(
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx questions from physics paper 2 that I am stuck on.....docx (266.1 KB, 120 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zebrara)
    is this aqa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it is AQA. Anyway, even if it isn't the physics is still relevant.

ReputationRep:
    Here, we were given some by our school
    Let me know if the link isn't working

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oki4fnzq1w...ions.docx?dl=0
    Do you have a mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Should I do the mutiple choice questions first?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on time management for paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inam97)
    As a private candidate who has taught himself the new spec i hated that paper (If I can get a B I'd be really happy)
    Hey, do you mind having a quick chat with me since I wanted to take A-Level Physics (AS/A2) next year in my gap year and since your self teaching it as a private candidate, it would be nice to ask you some things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarlicBread01)
    Should I do the mutiple choice questions first?
    My teacher recommended not too as each question is only worth one mark and you have a 25% chance to get it right if you run out of time and guess all of them. I'd have to agree, because the other sections have questions that are worth more marks, but it all depends on you.

You do realise that in paper 2 there are no 6 markers. The highest marked question is a 4 marker! WOOOOHOOO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zebrara)
    is this aqa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sorry I'm so late, yes it is AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conquest.)
    Answers pls if you can =D
    hello!

hello!
    Hey do we have any 6 markers in paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    hello!
    Do you have the mark scheme for this?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can anyone seriously give me tips on time management for paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has been asked before: How were you supposed to work out the maximum frequency of the photons (one of the last Qs)
    I just calculated the minimum frequency; never seen maximum frequency in past papers or the textbook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChilliLemon)
    Hey do we have any 6 markers in paper 2?
    I really cannot say for sure, I don't know, but I have both specimen paper 2s and there are no questions higher than 4 marks on either. I really wouldn't take that as gospel though, especially with it being a new spec - learn the methods for the required practicals, I'd say. If there is a 6 marker, it's very likely it'll be one of those, and if there isn't a 6 marker it'll still really benefit you to familiarise yourself with the practicals

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got notes of all the practicals, and possibly like a summary of those and what equipments are needed?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got links to all specimen papers? I heard there's a 3rd set as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asinghj)
    Anyone got links to all specimen papers? I heard there's a 3rd set as well
    A 3rd set ? Where did you get this information from ? also someone did post the specimen papers and mark schemes so you may need to look through the pages. However you can find the first set really easily on AQA or physicsandmathstutor.com

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.