Turn on thread page Beta

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinna21)
    A 3rd set ? Where did you get this information from ? also someone did post the specimen papers and mark schemes so you may need to look through the pages. However you can find the first set really easily on AQA or physicsandmathstutor.com
    Idk some guy on tsr said AQA had a 3rd set

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have a decent picture/diagram for the resistivity of copper experiment that we need to know? The one i have is awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustWondering98)
    hey guys...Does anyone know how to do any of these questions (see attached) ...they are from the specimen Paper 2 and I really don't understand how to do them! :'(
    1.) 3.5 x10^3 , percentage uncertainity can be calculated by taking the uncertainty, deviding it by original value and then multiplying by 100, ( 0.1 X10^3 / 3.5 X10^3)*100 = 2.9 suttin % ,

2.) 1 / number of lines gives you gratings space, but that is in m not mm like the question requires, so whatever number you got from doing 1/3.5 x 10^3 , you need to add X 10^3 to it to covert to mm, ie (m->mm = X10^-3)(mm-m = X10^3).So you get something X10^-1mm. (2.9 X10^-1)

3.) Just what you can read that answer ^^ to so its +- 0.01mm;

4.) Whenever they ask you to measure anything such as distance between gratings always measure atleast 10 spaces and make it clear that youv measured that. So measure 10 or 20 and then devide that value by 10 or 20.

5.) I used w = landa D / slit seperation, re arranged equations, make s subject and then plug in w(obtained from last question) , landa given and D given. THIS WAY IS WRONG!!, you get the same answer but only 1 mark according to mark scheme. you need to use dSin0 = nLanda .

6.) Work out if the value obtained from ^ is within range and your range is 3.5 x10^3 (2.9%) so just do 3.5x10^3 multiplied 0.971 and you will see that your value is just outside the range, just note that this is close enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustWondering98)
    hey guys...Does anyone know how to do any of these questions (see attached) ...they are from the specimen Paper 2 and I really don't understand how to do them! :'(
    look at this guy - like NOWWW!:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orP7wX_Jbl4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucky987)
    Has anyone got notes of all the practicals, and possibly like a summary of those and what equipments are needed?
    Google 'aqa physics as required practicals' and there's a pdf with all of them in, including equipment methods and diagrams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi just one question regarding uncertainties. i have noticed that is some test papers the questions to uncertainites use the smallest value/ resolution whilst others use half the smallest value. I was just wandering how I am supposed to know whether to use half or the full smallest value in absolute uncertainties? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan-garner6)
    Google 'aqa physics as required practicals' and there's a pdf with all of them in, including equipment methods and diagrams
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    do we need to know the full practical methods off by heart ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exavior)
    Hi just one question regarding uncertainties. i have noticed that is some test papers the questions to uncertainites use the smallest value/ resolution whilst others use half the smallest value. I was just wandering how I am supposed to know whether to use half or the full smallest value in absolute uncertainties? Thanks!
    • The uncertainty of a reading (one judgement) is at least ±0.5 of the smallest scale reading.
    • The uncertainty of a measurement (two judgements) is at least ±1 of the smallest scale reading

Taken straight from this document AQA made about practical skills (pg 39-40)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogu01)
    • The uncertainty of a reading (one judgement) is at least ±0.5 of the smallest scale reading.
    • The uncertainty of a measurement (two judgements) is at least ±1 of the smallest scale reading

Taken straight from this document AQA made about practical skills (pg 39-40)
    Thanks allot! 😄

ReputationRep:
    do you think there will be alot of particle physics on it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    do you think there will be alot of particle physics on it ?
    I think it will consist of work on graphs, alot of moments, statics and particles.

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably have some double slits/diffraction gratings hanging around somewhere considering the lack of waves in paper 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    You'll probably have some double slits/diffraction gratings hanging around somewhere considering the lack of waves in paper 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There was around 6-8 marks in first paper on waves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nemya_Nation)
    There was around 6-8 marks in first paper on waves.
    Still rather lacking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still rather lacking

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It could be on, I'm not saying disregard it completely but I think topics on moments, statics, projectiles and particles are going to be on there as there was like 3 marks on particles in paper 1 and hardly at all on projectiles or statics.

ReputationRep:
    It could be on, I'm not saying disregard it completely but I think topics on moments, statics, projectiles and particles are going to be on there as there was like 3 marks on particles in paper 1 and hardly at all on projectiles or statics.
    I would say, double slit or diffraction gratings as one of the practicals, section b on statics and particles, then your MC - I'm not sitting the exam, but we'll see how right I am xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would say, double slit or diffraction gratings as one of the practicals, section b on statics and particles, then your MC - I'm not sitting the exam, but we'll see how right I am xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, No and obviously.

ReputationRep:
    No, No and obviously.
    Oh well! My friend said it wasn't too bad either way, so I hope it went well for you

ReputationRep:
    Oh well! My friend said it wasn't too bad either way, so I hope it went well for you
    Did it hell lol, I flunked it. No chance of getting 100 marks overall

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 30, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.