The Student Room Group

Official OCR New Spec AS Level Physics: Depth in physics - 9th of May

Scroll to see replies

I got 83J for the initial kinetic energy
Original post by mahmzo
Hey i used 30. I got a value of 30.7. Is that correct

I think it just depends on which one you used, but that should be correct if the working is; I just hope they took this into account :P.
Original post by malihb123
yeah I think I did the exact same as you

As who?
Original post by akpai22
As who?

I just worked back from ur answer and that means ur original velocity was 32.2ms^-1 and I don't know how you got that. Since that means ur horizontal velocity was 31.58ms^-1.
I got 31.5ms^-1 as my horizontal velocity because I used 0.57s instead of 0.6s
Original post by Parhomus
I just worked back from ur answer and that means ur original velocity was 32.2ms^-1 and I don't know how you got that. Since that means ur horizontal velocity was 31.58ms^-1.

It said to show that the time was about 0.6s so I usd the more accurate time of 0.57s and I got my values.
Original post by akpai22
It said to show that the time was about 0.6s so I usd the more accurate time of 0.57s and I got my values.

I got 0.64 by using v=u+at by I'm guessing you used S=ut+1/2at^2 which is rather interesting. The funny thing is both are correct but the reason they are different is probs because the value we got for the initial velocity was probably a rounded value.
I got 0.64 by using v=u+at by I'm guessing you used S=ut+1/2at^2 which is rather interesting. The funny thing is both are correct but the reason they are different is probs because the value we got for the initial velocity was probably a rounded value.

Will I be marked down for getting that answer do you think?
Original post by akpai22
Will I be marked down for getting that answer do you think?

I don't think there is much reason to assume you're incorrect; although most people in know used the v=u+at because s=ut+1/2at^2 also gives you an answer of t=0.7 something.
I don't think there is much reason to assume you're incorrect; although most people in know used the v=u+at because s=ut+1/2at^2 also gives you an answer of t=0.7 something.

Yeah that's true. God dammit I have mad a few errors now, I hope that I don't get below an A, will be really pissed off if I do get below an A.
Reply 250
I put 5.7 (x10^3) as my answer for the gradient, will I get the marks?
Original post by akpai22
Yeah I got 1.24x10^-19

How many marks do you think I would lose if I left it in eV?
Original post by mxixbl
I put 5.7 (x10^3) as my answer for the gradient, will I get the marks?

There will be a range. I got 5.8. If you answer makes sense and reflects on the line you drew you should get all ft marks
I think the only thing that OCR messed up with this paper was that they had a lot of questions where it was a show that and then lead onto another question; so it was hard to know which value to know to use. :c
Reply 254
Original post by mahmzo
There will be a range. I got 5.8. If you answer makes sense and reflects on the line you drew you should get all ft marks

I know that but I mean the fact that I put x10^-3 in the brackets
Original post by GCSEsThen
No its 2% because you can measure to +/- 0.5 mm not +/- 1mm

no because 2% is the percentage error for L whereas they want the error for L^2 so you double it - 4%
Original post by elisha.marsh
no because 2% is the percentage error for L whereas they want the error for L^2 so you double it - 4%

Oh my god you people trigger me so hard; just look at when I posted please :c.
Oh my god you people trigger me so hard; just look at when I posted please :c.

oh my god I'm so sorry i triggered you, i forgot being polite isn't a necessity online
Original post by elisha.marsh
oh my god I'm so sorry i triggered you, i forgot being polite isn't a necessity online

I wasn't referring to people being polite; I was referring to the fact that multiple people have said this and I already gave an answer.
For the question that asked for proof I did:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest