Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official OCR New Spec AS Level Physics: Depth in physics - 9th of May watch

ReputationRep:
    I got 83J for the initial kinetic energy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    Hey i used 30. I got a value of 30.7. Is that correct
    I think it just depends on which one you used, but that should be correct if the working is; I just hope they took this into account :P.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malihb123)
    yeah I think I did the exact same as you
    As who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akpai22)
    As who?
    I just worked back from ur answer and that means ur original velocity was 32.2ms^-1 and I don't know how you got that. Since that means ur horizontal velocity was 31.58ms^-1.

ReputationRep:
    I got 31.5ms^-1 as my horizontal velocity because I used 0.57s instead of 0.6s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parhomus)
    I just worked back from ur answer and that means ur original velocity was 32.2ms^-1 and I don't know how you got that. Since that means ur horizontal velocity was 31.58ms^-1.
    It said to show that the time was about 0.6s so I usd the more accurate time of 0.57s and I got my values.

ReputationRep:
    It said to show that the time was about 0.6s so I usd the more accurate time of 0.57s and I got my values.
    I got 0.64 by using v=u+at by I'm guessing you used S=ut+1/2at^2 which is rather interesting. The funny thing is both are correct but the reason they are different is probs because the value we got for the initial velocity was probably a rounded value.

ReputationRep:
    I got 0.64 by using v=u+at by I'm guessing you used S=ut+1/2at^2 which is rather interesting. The funny thing is both are correct but the reason they are different is probs because the value we got for the initial velocity was probably a rounded value.
    Will I be marked down for getting that answer do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Will I be marked down for getting that answer do you think?
    I don't think there is much reason to assume you're incorrect; although most people in know used the v=u+at because s=ut+1/2at^2 also gives you an answer of t=0.7 something.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is much reason to assume you're incorrect; although most people in know used the v=u+at because s=ut+1/2at^2 also gives you an answer of t=0.7 something.
    Yeah that's true. God dammit I have mad a few errors now, I hope that I don't get below an A, will be really pissed off if I do get below an A.

ReputationRep:
    I put 5.7 (x10^3) as my answer for the gradient, will I get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got 1.24x10^-19
    How many marks do you think I would lose if I left it in eV?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxixbl)
    I put 5.7 (x10^3) as my answer for the gradient, will I get the marks?
    There will be a range. I got 5.8. If you answer makes sense and reflects on the line you drew you should get all ft marks

ReputationRep:
    I think the only thing that OCR messed up with this paper was that they had a lot of questions where it was a show that and then lead onto another question; so it was hard to know which value to know to use. :c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    There will be a range. I got 5.8. If you answer makes sense and reflects on the line you drew you should get all ft marks
    I know that but I mean the fact that I put x10^-3 in the brackets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEsThen)
    No its 2% because you can measure to +/- 0.5 mm not +/- 1mm
    no because 2% is the percentage error for L whereas they want the error for L^2 so you double it - 4%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisha.marsh)
    no because 2% is the percentage error for L whereas they want the error for L^2 so you double it - 4%
    Oh my god you people trigger me so hard; just look at when I posted please :c.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god you people trigger me so hard; just look at when I posted please :c.
    oh my god I'm so sorry i triggered you, i forgot being polite isn't a necessity online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisha.marsh)
    oh my god I'm so sorry i triggered you, i forgot being polite isn't a necessity online
    I wasn't referring to people being polite; I was referring to the fact that multiple people have said this and I already gave an answer.

ReputationRep:
    For the question that asked for proof I did:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.