The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Experiences

Hi! I got an unconditional offer from Bradford Uni last week for the Film and Television Production degree. I would be really interested if someone knows from second hand or even themselves how the degree really is, how uni life is, etc. I've heard from many places that is not the greatest city to be in, could someone explain me the current situation there? I was thinking that probably living in Leeds and going to Uni everyday in train would be the best option, but I'm not sure. From the web info, it looks like a good degree, I just don't like how the city is portrayed. I am changing uni from one here in Edinburgh (I am disappointed with the course) and I don't want to make a mistake again, could anyone help me? Thank you in advance :biggrin:
Original post by candemc97
Hi! I got an unconditional offer from Bradford Uni last week for the Film and Television Production degree. I would be really interested if someone knows from second hand or even themselves how the degree really is, how uni life is, etc. I've heard from many places that is not the greatest city to be in, could someone explain me the current situation there? I was thinking that probably living in Leeds and going to Uni everyday in train would be the best option, but I'm not sure. From the web info, it looks like a good degree, I just don't like how the city is portrayed. I am changing uni from one here in Edinburgh (I am disappointed with the course) and I don't want to make a mistake again, could anyone help me? Thank you in advance :biggrin:

I don't do you're degree however I am at University of Bradford and live in leeds on my 1st year. I am so thankful that I decided to live in bradford while at uni because you may have like a 6 hour break from lectures. Also it gives you independence living away... The area is a sh*t hole but the University I really like.... but really going from Edinburgh to Bradford will be a huge shock...
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Hi,

Whilst it is true that Bradford has had a mixed reputation over the years, it is very much an up and coming city. There are a lot of good things happening here but these often don't receive the same sort of media attention as the negative stories do.

We've added a section to our website which includes information about some of the things you can see and do here in Bradford.

Discover Bradford

We have students come from all over the world to live and study here so you certainly would not be alone in making the move. There are over 100 societies and 40 sports teams to choose from so you will have plenty of opportunities to get to know fellow students and make new friends.

The facilities available on the course itself are of a very high standard. They include HD video and broadcast TV cameras, broadcast TV studio, Outside Broadcast Truck, lighting rigs, track and dolly, jib arm crane, Steadicam, audio recording studio, photography studio, digital stills cameras, digital printers, Macs and PCs with Adobe Creative Suite and industry standard editing software. Equipment is free for students to use and small budgets are provided for project work.

You can get an idea of the type of work some of our Film and Media students produce by watching the examples on this page:

Film and Media student work

I hope the above information helps. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

PAUL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending