Turn on thread page Beta

Why do some people get toned/ muscular easier then others watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    If you're truly been lifting for that amount of time, I'd be amazed by what you can accomplish after 8-10 years. :laugh:
    I'm Mirin' your deadlift You're noob str gains are making me :drool: especially in 1 year time you'll be :dumbells:

How much do you weigh atm? I don't go for 1 RM and generally work off my 5 rep range.

I'm bulking up until 73.5kg (3lb/month) and then cutting back down to around roughly 8% body fat, which would be my first actual cut. I originally started out as 48kg at 5'9.5-5'10 hence why I don't compare myself to others and just compare myself to last week.

69.2kg from last week average weigh in.

Bench: 65x5.
    Squat: 85x5
    Deadlift: 112.5x5.
    OHP: 50x5.

One key thing which I started doing quite a while back was tracking my lifts every workout in a journal book. It helps not only visualising long term results but also shows me that I can hit PRs every so often.
    I've lifted for longer, but never more than 3 weeks of solid training and my diet has been non existent.

Now, I'm taking it seriously and I actually want a good physique when I never used to care about that sort of stuff.

I still love strength training and that's the main focus in the long term, but I want the by product of a good body as well so eventually once I've set a good foundation for strength, I'll focus primarily on aesthetics.

My deadlift is..well..my lift. My first time deadlifting or even lifting weights was when I got my own power rack and 200kg weight set. I loaded up 60kg, easy. Loaded up 100kg. Easy. Loaded up 130kg. Hard. First time deadlifting at about 75kg haha, but it impressed my friends who are bigger/stronger and even they couldn't do it as fluid as I could.

It just comes naturally to me. I can just do it. My squat eventually caught up as when I first started out I could barely squat 50kg. I have a lot of training to do to get my squat up to around 160kg which is where I want it.

Nice overhead press/bench. Those are the two I really struggle with, especially the form on bench.

I'm at about 83kg, 182cm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    I've lifted for longer, but never more than 3 weeks of solid training and my diet has been non existent.

Now, I'm taking it seriously and I actually want a good physique when I never used to care about that sort of stuff.

I still love strength training and that's the main focus in the long term, but I want the by product of a good body as well so eventually once I've set a good foundation for strength, I'll focus primarily on aesthetics.

My deadlift is..well..my lift. My first time deadlifting or even lifting weights was when I got my own power rack and 200kg weight set. I loaded up 60kg, easy. Loaded up 100kg. Easy. Loaded up 130kg. Hard. First time deadlifting at about 75kg haha, but it impressed my friends who are bigger/stronger and even they couldn't do it as fluid as I could.

It just comes naturally to me. I can just do it. My squat eventually caught up as when I first started out I could barely squat 50kg. I have a lot of training to do to get my squat up to around 160kg which is where I want it.

Nice overhead press/bench. Those are the two I really struggle with, especially the form on bench.

I'm at about 83kg, 182cm.
    You're a prime example of why I preach to people not to compare themselves to others in the sense where I've been lifting longer but I'm a good 3 years ish away from your deadlift & squat str :lol: Some people are simply better than others but "hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard."

That's crazy and amazing :laugh: at the same time that you can just pull "175kg deadlift for 2 reps + 130kg squat for 1" like its nothing yet I'm doing all kinds of different variations for deadlifts I.e rackpulls/deficit deadlifts/conventional/sumo + back squat/front squat/pause squats etc.

I care more about my physique & aesthetics more than my lifts purely because I'm more of a bodybuilder & future Men's physique competitor at heart than a power lifter etc.

Thanks but they seem more or less average given my lifting age & weight class.
    I guarantee that in just a few months of lifting you'll easily surpass me on bench/OHP

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.