The Student Room Group

Proving to Student Finance England

So right now im applying to Student Finance England for my maintenance loan.

Obviously part of it is your parenta providing financial information so they can gauge how much maintenance loan to give. My dad has his military pension so he gets a p60 from it every year however my mum is unemployed and lives off my dads military pension as well. How would i go about proving this? Because both my parents are overseas and i havent been independent long enough to be classed as an independent student

Any help is appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by XenChaotik
So right now im applying to Student Finance England for my maintenance loan.

Obviously part of it is your parenta providing financial information so they can gauge how much maintenance loan to give. My dad has his military pension so he gets a p60 from it every year however my mum is unemployed and lives off my dads military pension as well. How would i go about proving this? Because both my parents are overseas and i havent been independent long enough to be classed as an independent student

Any help is appreciated!

Your Mum has zero income, so she should just put that.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
Your Mum has zero income, so she should just put that.

Is really that simple? I thought she would have to provide some sort of information proving so because she was abroad.
Reply 3
Original post by XenChaotik
Is really that simple? I thought she would have to provide some sort of information proving so because she was abroad.

If you're being asked for proof of zero income, I guess a copy of your Mum's bank account statements would help if she has one. Failing that, your parents' joint bank account statements, showing that only income in your father's name is being received. Bit difficult to know how to prove zero income.

When in doubt, ask Student Finance direct. There's a sub-section in this area of TSR called "Ask Student Finance", where you can post questions for an official SF rep to answer every Wednesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending