Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would being in a relationship with no sex be a deal breaker? Watch

...say if the girl wanted to remain a virgin until marriage but was willing to do other things, would you guys still go out with the girl and be her boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    If I really liked her, sure.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not having sex wouldn't really change my life anyway

(Original post by BristolFresher15)
    If I really liked her, sure.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not having sex wouldn't really change my life anyway
    poor virgin

ReputationRep:
    No sex = no relationship.

I get some guys have low test levels/ low sex desire but most of us don't. There's other problems if she wants to wait till marriage as well.

ReputationRep:
    No, people with weird religious hangups are off putting and probably have other religiously motivated hangups as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyAbs)
    No sex = no relationship.

I get some guys have low test levels/ low sex desire but most of us don't. There's other problems if she wants to wait till marriage as well.
    Being okay with such a relationship doesn't necessarily mean low test or desire, what're you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    poor virgin
    Who said I was a virgin?

(Original post by Maker)
    No, people with weird religious hangups are off putting and probably have other religiously motivated hangups as well.
    its not because of religion, more personal reasons

ReputationRep:
    Being okay with such a relationship doesn't necessarily mean low test or desire, what're you on?
    It can do....
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you love her, then yes its obviously worth it.

ReputationRep:
    It can do....
    It could. Your statement made it seem like the only conclusion. Which is obviously not the case.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think it is unlikely that I would be compatible with somebody who has a vastly different attitude to sex than I do.

ReputationRep:
    its not because of religion, more personal reasons
    Sex is an important part of any intimate relationship. Someone who does not want it for whatever reason is a red flag for me. What happens if he/she still does not want sex after marriage?

ReputationRep:
    It could. Your statement made it seem like the only conclusion. Which is obviously not the case.

'Made it seem like the only conclusion to you because you got offended'

ReputationRep:
    I would, answering the general point of the question not from the viewpoint given, be okay with such a relationship, not everyone wants sex, it doesn't have to be a religious thing at all!

ReputationRep:
    'Made it seem like the only conclusion to you because you got offended'
    Why would I be offended by a stranger's non-scientific opinion on something? I'm just trying to point out that generalization such behavior is non-scientific.

ReputationRep:
    Why would I be offended by a stranger's non-scientific opinion on something? I'm just trying to point out that generalization such behavior is non-scientific.
    Of course it's a scientific reason why a guy might not want sex/ no be bothered about it till after marriage.

Maybe go see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's a scientific reason why a guy might not want sex/ no be bothered about it till after marriage.

Maybe go see a doctor.
    I'm saying its non-scientific to generalize such behavior!

Nevermind, I think we just misunderstand each other's points

ReputationRep:
    I'm saying its non-scientific to generalize such behavior!

Nevermind, I think we just misunderstand each other's points

yawn.... here we go again, I have already said I didn't generalise anyone, so stop trying to argue when you're wrong.

...say if the girl wanted to remain a virgin until marriage but was willing to do other things, would you guys still go out with the girl and be her boyfriend?
    Honestly there are guys out there who are more than willing to wait until the girl is ready. I personally waited almost a year of dating my boyfriend before doing anything more than making out because I went through a period of insecurity and I wanted to make sure that my boyfriend was with me because he loved me and not for sex. Even when I was ready, my boyfriend made it clear that he was willing to wait until marriage and didn't want to force me into anything I wasn't comfortable with.

That said, there are also guys who do feel like sex is important early on in a relationship. Therefore I recommend that you make your intentions clear early on in a relationship so the guy is aware and can make his decision

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.