Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would being in a relationship with no sex be a deal breaker? Watch

if he loves you and is looking for a long term relationship then why wouldnt he stay?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Maker)
    Sex is an important part of any intimate relationship. Someone who does not want it for whatever reason is a red flag for me. What happens if he/she still does not want sex after marriage?
    It used to be the absolute norm and people survived perfectly fine , then. They didnt say they didnt want it, just not until married.

You are with them becayse you live them presumably? That means waiting if its important to them. If they say no when married then its unconsumated, so you could annul the marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyAbs)
    yawn.... here we go again, I have already said I didn't generalise anyone, so stop trying to argue when you're wrong.
    Well then I misunderstood your post.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Honestly there are guys out there who are more than willing to wait until the girl is ready. I personally waited almost a year of dating my boyfriend before doing anything more than making out because I went through a period of insecurity and I wanted to make sure that my boyfriend was with me because he loved me and not for sex. Even when I was ready, my boyfriend made it clear that he was willing to wait until marriage and didn't want to force me into anything I wasn't comfortable with.

That said, there are also guys who do feel like sex is important early on in a relationship. Therefore I recommend that you make your intentions clear early on in a relationship so the guy is aware and can make his decision
    this is so sweet

ReputationRep:
    I'd be cool wid dat :yep:

As long as she was up for some form of intimacy (i.e. kissing/cuddling etc.) then I see no problem...

ReputationRep:
    The bottom line is that wanting to wait until marriage would make her incompatible with about 90% of men.

Some would perhaps wait for her. This is pretty risky imo. Clearly best to try before you supposedly commit your life to someone.

ReputationRep:
    Only if I really liked the person and could see myself in a LT relationship with them

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    If she were literally a virgin who did nothing more than kissing in the past sure, but if not, I'd just think this is friendship and I don't do friends.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    ...say if the girl wanted to remain a virgin until marriage but was willing to do other things, would you guys still go out with the girl and be her boyfriend?
    No. I could not be in a relationship with someone with such radically different views to sex as myself.

(Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    If she were literally a virgin who did nothing more than kissing in the past sure, but if not, I'd just think this is friendship and I don't do friends.
    interesting. so you would like a chaste girl?

ReputationRep:
    interesting. so you would like a chaste girl?
    I wouldn't rule her out even though I'm not religious myself, but I would have to feel everything is genuine, her feelings for me, our relationship and her religious beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.