Turn on thread page Beta

Brussels attacks: Airport bombing suspect 'arrested' -- BREAKING NEWS watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    perhaps just in threads where we are talking about Muslims slaughtering people.
    Stop associating Arabs and Islam,you make out like everyone from the Middle East is a Muslim. Please stop generalising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha Lamb Meme)
    To be honest, it's pretty bonkers how anyone can have faith in and call for the omnipotent will of their particular god to bring justice after this character had allowed or even willed such atrocities to happen in the first place!
    Indeed. It's a twisted and nonsensical line of thinking.

ReputationRep:
    perhaps just in threads where we are talking about Muslims slaughtering people.
    Not all Muslims speak Arabic. And besides, she was saying something positive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Stop associating Arabs and Islam,you make out like everyone from the Middle East is a Muslim. Please stop generalising
    I've done no such thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    Youre missing their point.

A swashtika is used throughout the world for various purposes, and thats fine. Wearing one at a holocaust memorial would be insensative

Now, i dont agree that saying inshallah is the same in this context, but that is their point, not that you shouldnt be ablr to use the word at all.
    Hea making a big deal out of nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Not all Muslims speak Arabic. And besides, she was saying something positive.
    I'm sure all Muslims know the Arabic for god willing.

not so positive a thing to hear just before people limbs start flying about your head.

ReputationRep:
    I've done no such thing
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post63600233

Okay good. I'm glad you are aware now that Christians also use the same term

ReputationRep:
    Next thing you'll be telling me,I can't say I'm from the middle easy because the terrorists were too. It's an Arabic word,can you please just get over it and move on? We have different ways of saying things in different countries and this word is not associated with any specific religion,it is a shared word. I speak mostly Arabic,I even say it to my non Arab friends who aren't Muslims or Christians so it's normal because I'm used to it

You can speak in arabic all you want.

I don't really give a ƒuck.

My point is, using a common arabic incitement for terror on a thread talking about victims of terror is sheer and utter stupidity.

ReputationRep:

not so positive a thing to hear just before people limbs start flying about your head.
    So do Christians,what is your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddddddddd324)
    You can speak in arabic all you want.

I don't really give a ƒuck.

My point is, using a common arabic incitement for terror on a thread talking about victims of terror is sheer and utter stupidity.
    Incitement for terror? So get a petition to have the word banned because this is all new to me. We say it church too,well damn. It's just a word that means God willing in Arabic,stop policing people's languages and stop making a scene and derailing the thread

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post63600233

Okay good. I'm glad you are aware now that Christians also use the same term
    that post makes no mention of Arabs.

I've always been aware that some Christians use the term but then I'm also aware of some Muslims getting pissy about it and trying to prevent them

But as I said on a thread about Islamic terrorism it's simply inappropriate (and typical of you)

ReputationRep:
    Incitement for terror? So get a petition to have the word banned because this is all new to me. We say it church too,well damn. It's just a word that means God willing in Arabic,stop policing people's languages and stop making a scene and derailing the thread

The word isn't completely bad. I never said that the word should be banned, Jesus Christ.

All i'm saying is that using it at this time was a dumb thing to do.

You should have used another word.

Simple.

ReputationRep:
    that posts makes no mention of Arabs.

I've always been aware that some Christians use the term but then I'm also aware of some Muslims getting pissy about it and trying to prevent them

But as I said on a thread about Islamic terrorism it's simply inappropriate (and typical of you)
    No Muslim has ever gotte upset over a Christian saying inshallah,it's just a word and it's not specific to Islam. Everybody in the Middle East says it,all those who speak the Arabic language so you are wrong indeed

How is it inappropriate? I haven't said anything negative. Stop making a scene where there none to be made,people have died and you're arguing with me over a simple word that means God willing just because some I happen to share the same language as these extremists? Please move on

ReputationRep:
    No Muslim has ever gotte upset over a Christian saying inshallah,
    http://www.dawn.com/news/1049657

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/25...iel-greenfield

Your ignorance over this is outstanding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddddddddd324)
    The word isn't completely bad. I never said that the word should be banned, Jesus Christ.

All i'm saying is that using it at this time was a dumb thing to do.

You should have used another word.

Simple.
    Not dumb at all because I haven't said anything negative. Get over it,if you don't like me using certain words then I don't know what else to say. It's just a shared word that translates into God willing. Please move on now

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dawn.com/news/1049657

Your ignorance over this is outstanding
    A particular case in a particular country,does that mean my Muslim friend will no longer allow me to speak Arabic anymore too because y'all seem to be associating the Arabic language with Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Not dumb at all because I haven't said anything negative. Get over it,if you don't like me using certain words then I don't know what else to say. It's just a shared word that translates into God willing. Please move on now

I'll go to Brussels now and scream "Allah Akbar" and hope I don't get arrested because my parent's just gave me £30,000 and I'm an arabic Christian.

Wish me luck

ReputationRep:
    No Muslim has ever gotte upset over a Christian saying inshallah,it's just a word and it's not specific to Islam. Everybody in the Middle East says it,all those who speak the Arabic language so you are wrong indeed

How is it inappropriate? I haven't said anything negative. Stop making a scene where there none to be made,people have died and you're arguing with me over a simple word that means God willing just because some I happen to share the same language as these extremists? Please move on
    It is a beautiful phrase. All God fearing people can use it; the Almighty is One.

ReputationRep:

Did queen-bee shout it just before blowing people's limbs off? No. All she did was wish that the perpetrators are brought to justice. And I'm pretty sure not many terrorists shout 'Insha Allah'. They tend to shout 'Allahu Akbar'.

ReputationRep:
    A particular case in a particular country,does that mean my Muslim friend will no longer allow me to speak Arabic anymore too because y'all seem to be associating the Arabic language with Islam.
    It's is not just one 'case' as you claim it is a country with 17 million Muslims

Your claim was there was NO issues

You were wrong as usual

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.