Turn on thread page Beta

Can't remember a night watch

Announcements

I got far too drunk and lost my friends in the club, they couldn't find me for several hours until they found me asleep. I can't remember anything and am freaking out about what could have happened. Should I take emergency contraception in case something did happen?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I got far too drunk and lost my friends in the club, they couldn't find me for several hours until they found me asleep. I can't remember anything and am freaking out about what could have happened. Should I take emergency contraception in case something did happen?
    I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is there any evidence that anyone had sex with you? Where you still wearing any underwear when you were found / was there any bruising of your vulva or semen or other physical indication of sex?

If not, taking emergency contraception seems unnecessary.

When was this?

There wasn't any evidence that anything had happened, I was still fully clothed. However, I just feel generally uneasy about what might have happened. I'm currently experiencing menstrual cramps but have not yet got my period, so not sure what to do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anything might have happened, but some things are much less likely than others. Given how close you are to your period, pregnancy wouldn't have happened even if someone had very carefully undressed you, come inside you, waited a bit, wiped you gently and then very carefully dressed you.

What you've had is a warning about drinking, not a pregnancy, and your period will doubtless be along soon - stress is a common reason for delayed periods.

I suppose you are right, it was just quite a worrying experience and has definitely made me realise I need to know my limits. Once an idea like that crosses your mind though it's hard to ignore, thanks for the reply it was what I needed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.