Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been going through the WJEC Chemistry Unit 1 spec to revise and I found that I have to know 'The concept of stoichiometry and its use by calculating reacting quantities.' I can't seem find anything that corresponds to this in my notes so if anyone could fill me in I'd be really grateful.

ReputationRep:
    Stoichiometry is about the fixed ratios that govern any particular reaction, how you can say "for every 1 mole of reactant X, 2 moles of reactant Y will be used and 1 mole of product Z will be produced". You can use the ratios stated by a reaction's formula together with the amounts of reactants or products you know to derive the reactants and products you don't know. Does that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Stoichiometry is about the fixed ratios that govern any particular reaction, how you can say "for every 1 mole of reactant X, 2 moles of reactant Y will be used and 1 mole of product Z will be produced". You can use the ratios stated by a reaction's formula together with the amounts of reactants or products you know to derive the reactants and products you don't know. Does that makes sense?
    Yes! Thank you (sorry I was late answering btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenog_quidditch)
    Yes! Thank you (sorry I was late answering btw)
    No problem!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.