The Student Room Group

What can I sell on amazon? Just been fired from work

I left my part-time work today because my boss is unethical and truly doesn’t care about the vulnerable. My job was selling Assistive Technology Devices to elderly people. Listen, I’m NOT going to choose money over what I think is moral. Not even for millions!

However, I need to stay proactive and find a job while am studying part-time.

I don’t know if I should start writing up another CV’s or just start amazon business online. I know a friend of mine friend who is doing pretty well on amazon and is making about 6 figures.
This is interesting but i still wonder if this is possible?? and if so what product would be good to sell on Amazon?
What do you think will sell well on Amazon here in our country in the UK??

Any advice or support would be appreciated my wonderful friends.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sell what your friend is, if they are making a six figure salary (really?) then they can afford to share the customer base and still get by on a five figure income. :smile:

Personally, I think it sounds like BS and if you are studying part time I would just get another PT job with a better employer.
Lol if anyone knew how they would just do it, not advise others on how to do it.
Crest white strips... Can't buy them in uk locally everyone has to use online traders.
Finding something that will sell well isn't the problem. Bring able to source the product at a cheap enough price to undercut or match larger existing sellers with more experience of their market is.
Original post by Grace019

I don’t know if I should start writing up another CV’s or just start amazon business online. I know a friend of mine friend who is doing pretty well on amazon and is making about 6 figures.
This is interesting but i still wonder if this is possible?? and if so what product would be good to sell on Amazon?

well my style of business is jewellery andsome of the item i am looking at a range from £150 cost and £840 value but i can sell it for £500 happily
but the big one right now is a sapphire ring but it's made by tiffany and is a very large stone(14ct) and will cost me £175,000 but is worth £310,000 and i'd sell it for £250,000
Reply 6
Original post by jamesthehustler
well my style of business is jewellery andsome of the item i am looking at a range from £150 cost and £840 value but i can sell it for £500 happily
but the big one right now is a sapphire ring but it's made by tiffany and is a very large stone(14ct) and will cost me £175,000 but is worth £310,000 and i'd sell it for £250,000

Jewellery is wonderful but I think It’s in extremely competitivemarket. Too many people do this. It’s amazing your able to compete and stillmake income on this tho. Shows your very hard worker!!!
Jewellery is wonderful but I think It’s in extremely competitive market. Too many people do this. It’s amazing your able to compete and stillmake income on this tho. Shows your very hard worker!!!

it's not that competitive at the high end where i am costume and silver yes
another idea would be designerware so luxury handbags are a good one i have sold 3 or 4
a hermes birkin commissioned the seller got it for £4,000 at auction and i pocketed a 10% commission on it after getting them 15k (£100 in transport to the london store)
a chanel which i bought with my profit from the above and made £700 over cost
a stella mccartney i sold for £250 at a cost of £40
a gucci which cost me £50 and i got £800 for it
so i spent £1,690 and made £3,250 or a profit of £1,560
Your neighbours furniture.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Your neighbours furniture.

Is the OP a Scouser?
Reply 10
I left my part-time work today because my boss is unethical and truly doesn’t care about the vulnerable. My job was selling Assistive Technology Devices to elderly people. Listen, I’m NOT going to choose money over what I think is moral. Not even for millions!

However, I need to stay proactive and find a job while am studying part-time.

Principles can be very expensive.

The general rule is don't give up a job till you have got another one.

There is no magic pill for selling on the Internet. Millions of people are thinking / dreaming the same thing. The only way to compete with millions of people is to have a competitive advantage. No one can just convey to you a competitive advantage on an Internet forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by The_dog
Sell your body to divorced women in their 50s using a website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone here has been mature and had good advice but am not so sure about you
Reply 12
Original post by Noodlzzz
Dignity.

Explain?
Reply 13
Original post by The_dog
Principles can be very expensive.

The general rule is don't give up a job till you have got another one.

There is no magic pill for selling on the Internet. Millions of people are thinking / dreaming the same thing. The only way to compete with millions of people is to have a competitive advantage. No one can just convey to you a competitive advantage on an Internet forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I respect your point, harsh but honest
(edited 7 years ago)
Everyone here has been mature and had good advice but am not so sure about you

This is actually good advice
Reply 15
I have a friend who sells drones on Amazon and it costs a lot.
Reply 16
tbh, anyone who is actually making a killing selling on amazon isn't going to post it here as he'd be digging his own grave because once people realise it's selling and making good money new sellers will enter the market and start competing with each other for customers. The amount is customers is gonna stay the same and anyone who's done business studies knows what will happen if supply goes up yet demand stays the same.

If i'm selling apples for 50p, and buying them for 25p and they're selling really well why am I gonna tell everyone else so they can put up a stall next to mine and start selling them for 50p too, or even less?

I'm going to sell far fewer apples and probably have to lower my price too when new sellers try and undercut me in order to generate sales.
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest