Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is the step-up huge grammar wise and is studying literature difficult, or is it not too bad? (I'm doing AQA, if that makes a difference).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Is the step-up huge grammar wise and is studying literature difficult, or is it not too bad? (I'm doing AQA, if that makes a difference).
    our teacher said we have done about 66% if the grammar already (although that has passed me by mostly)...we have to do literature next year which takes alot of time

ReputationRep:
    i didn't do aqa, but the step up with edexcel wasn't too bad; we had 9 months without any exams just to prepare. you get loads and loads of practice at all aspects so i wouldn't be too worried

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well I'm doing all of my subjects to A2 anyway, I just wanted to reassure myself really. I suppose if it gets too much, I can always choose to drop it.

ReputationRep:
    are you not doing the coursework option for german at A2 then? it is harder, especially the oral exam i think, but if you've kept on top of the grammar at AS you shouldn't have a problem at A2- yu get to do all sorts of fun things with subjunctives next year (well we did) and the passive tense just becomes second nature

ReputationRep:
    oh and as for literature, well i didn't really do any as part of the syllabus, i did it in preparation for interviews and stuff, but if you know what books yu're going to be doing etc, have a go reading them in the holidays if you have time. it'll pay off later in the year when you might want to be concentrating on coursework for other subjects. i personally found that german coursework took up most of my christmas cos i was so lazy with it

ReputationRep:
    i myself am german and did sit the As and A2 exams. i don't think there is a huge step up at all... i was surprised how easy it was as well...
    The unit 6 paper gives u a choice of 9!!!! topics that u can choose from to write an essay about.
    if ur looking good for your As then A2 shouldn't be too hard

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.