Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently, (past 2-3 weeks) I've been sleeping for 10+ sometimes even over 12 hours yet still, feel very exhausted and often find myself falling asleep. I don't know what to do. I don't exercise/look at my phone, computer etc. for at least 2 hours .. help!?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by crabtree122)
    Recently, (past 2-3 weeks) I've been sleeping for 10+ sometimes even over 12 hours yet still, feel very exhausted and often find myself falling asleep. I don't know what to do. I don't exercise/look at my phone, computer etc. for at least 2 hours .. help!?
    Get your iron levels checked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Get your iron levels checked?
    Ah, okay I'll try to. I'm falling asleep in lesson and it's affecting my education and social life a lot..

ReputationRep:
    It could be any number of deficiencies (iron, B12, enough kcals, etc.), it could be physiological (for example, depression), it could even be symptomatic of an auto-immune disease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    It could be any number of deficiencies (iron, B12, enough kcals, etc.), it could be physiological (for example, depression), it could even be symptomatic of an auto-immune disease.
    I am suffering with an Eating Disorder, yet I'm over coming it pretty well, and I think I'm getting enough? Also depression may be a possibility.

ReputationRep:
    It could also be that you need to exercise more outside to have more oxygen for your brain. Happens to me often if I don't go out for a walk or run at least once a day.

Another highly UNLIKELY possibility is that you have Kleine Levin syndrome, but that you depend on exactly how much you fall asleep during the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankie97)
    It could also be that you need to exercise more outside to have more oxygen for your brain. Happens to me often if I don't go out for a walk or run at least once a day.

Another highly UNLIKELY possibility is that you have Kleine Levin syndrome, but that you depend on exactly how much you fall asleep during the day
    Yeah, I don't exercise too much.. I'll try to more though.

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from the same sort of thing I find diet and exercise is important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    I suffer from the same sort of thing I find diet and exercise is important.
    Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Are you taking any medication? I used to take something (and it was why I came off it) which would send me to sleep. Even if I got some 10 hours sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

Its a pain (sleeping too much) I feel so demotivated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Are you taking any medication? I used to take something (and it was why I came off it) which would send me to sleep. Even if I got some 10 hours sleep.
    Yes, I am, but nothing that would alter my sleep, sertraline would be the only possible option that would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Its a pain (sleeping too much) I feel so demotivated.
    Yes, exactly!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, exactly!
    I go through phases of sleeping too much and then being up half the night like last night I was up 'til half five. I don't know which is worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    I go through phases of sleeping too much and then being up half the night like last night I was up 'til half five. I don't know which is worse.
    I haven't experience phases.. yet.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't experience phases.. yet.

Oh I've always had sleep problems constantly tired physically yet manic mentally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    Oh I've always had sleep problems constantly tired physically yet manic mentally.
    I may go to my GP.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Thomb)
    I get this too. I'm awake any time currently between 3am and 6.30am. Annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I may go to my GP.

You should you might have diabetes or something.

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I get this too. I'm awake any time currently between 3am and 6.30am. Annoying.
    It is quite frustrating to be up half the night with little you can do.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Thomb)
    It is quite frustrating to be up half the night with little you can do.
    I'm usually up at 6-6.30am, which is fine for me. But 3am is too damn early. There's only so much TV I can watch and only so much time I can waste on TSR. And it's not as if there's anywhere open.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.