Turn on thread page Beta

Advice for mature students and part time work?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am going to be starting my access to Primary Education course in August hopefully.

I am trying to work out the logistics and financials of it all..

I am 25, mother of one 18 month old and have the usual responsibilities such as house, bills, car, nursery etc..

I have a meeting with student advisories on Tuesday to talk me through my funding options but I know already it is not going to be enough to cover my bills and live on..

My course will be 9 half days a week so pretty much 5 days almost so I need something that will be evenings/weekends but I don't want it to over shine my studies or home life either..

Does anyone have any experience with part time work while studying and any idea where I could start?!

(Original post by ClaireBBx)
    Hi,

I am going to be starting my access to Primary Education course in August hopefully.

I am trying to work out the logistics and financials of it all..

I am 25, mother of one 18 month old and have the usual responsibilities such as house, bills, car, nursery etc..

I have a meeting with student advisories on Tuesday to talk me through my funding options but I know already it is not going to be enough to cover my bills and live on..

My course will be 9 half days a week so pretty much 5 days almost so I need something that will be evenings/weekends but I don't want it to over shine my studies or home life either..

Does anyone have any experience with part time work while studying and any idea where I could start?!
    It can be very difficult in your current situation. You need to calculate your expenses and know exactly how much you'll need from your part-time job and also, look for the one that suits your time. (you've said you have your own transport, which can be really beneficial).

Check out link below.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3813957

Good luck with your course.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.