Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to go from brown to an ashy blonde, I knew it wouldn't be done in one salon visit so the 1st time i went in i came out with a light brown with a tint of ginger... which i didn't mind, went in again today and the whole of my hair is an orange colour with brown roots still... she said it was finished... everyone who has seen it has said it looks really bad and i paid £200 for it lol. I am so angry and not even the slightest bit exaggerating that my hair is completely orange and looks NOTHING like the picture I shower them, help?!

ReputationRep:
    pics or it didnt happen

im so sorry for your loss

ReputationRep:
    explain to them that you did not want to look like that and could they please make you look ashy blonde.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible that you have been tangoed?

(do what bear said)

ReputationRep:
    You should have said something while you were still there, or just not payed. I guess you can go back and try to say that you're not happy with it, but I don't know if they will correct it for free now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadile)
    You should have said something while you were still there, or just not payed. I guess you can go back and try to say that you're not happy with it, but I don't know if they will correct it for free now.
    I did, she said that it's normal for it to go like this when I was going from brown... i said it looked yellow and that everyone i know who's ever went from brown to blonde has never turned out like this and all she said was i'd have to book another appointment if i didn't like the colour... i'm not one to kick off in public so i just paid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmelol12)
    I did, she said that it's normal for it to go like this when I was going from brown... i said it looked yellow and that everyone i know who's ever went from brown to blonde has never turned out like this and all she said was i'd have to book another appointment if i didn't like the colour... i'm not one to kick off in public so i just paid...
    Ask to talk to the manager? If she didn't think she'd be able to get the colour you wanted, then she should have told you before doing your hair. Because she didn't (and instead just agreed to your request), you were still 'promised' the colour you asked for and that's what should have been delivered. You were lied to and should make a complaint, ask for a refund or for them to fix your hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmelol12)
    I wanted to go from brown to an ashy blonde, I knew it wouldn't be done in one salon visit so the 1st time i went in i came out with a light brown with a tint of ginger... which i didn't mind, went in again today and the whole of my hair is an orange colour with brown roots still... she said it was finished... everyone who has seen it has said it looks really bad and i paid £200 for it lol. I am so angry and not even the slightest bit exaggerating that my hair is completely orange and looks NOTHING like the picture I shower them, help?!
    You should have refused to pay and said yoy were unhappy with the service right there, at this point its too late to get your money back. Not sure what country youre in, but if you can get Hold of the products, use coconut oil on your hair for a few days to recover its health, get the garneier nutrisse truely blonde (leave on roots for longer than the lighter areas), then a wella T18 toner. Will get you to a medium-light ash blonde. Been between brown and blonde so many times and thats never failed me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.