Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am a long time lurker on here, since the start of my A levels and now I am a second year at uni. I am also a Muslim. Whenever something horrible happens to innocent people by terrorists, us normal Muslims usually are at the receiving end of peoples anger. I sort of don't blame people for this but at the same time, it's not fair on other Muslims to deal with the sh*t left by terrorists.

I don't want to generalise but lets be honest, many people wouldn't blink twice if we all got up and just left. Not that us leaving is going to fix any of this but I'd rather not be in a society where I am being judged for what others are doing and also being constantly worried about my or my relatives/friends safety.

Personally, I want to leave as soon as I graduate. Just wanted to know the views of other Muslims? And if you are planning on staying, then why? I can't think of many reasons tbh.

Again, I am not saying all Europeans but I would guess that a frightening majority would just say "adios", if we leave.

P.S. I won't respond to insults or mockery etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justaquestion?)
    So I am a long time lurker on here, since the start of my A levels and now I am a second year at uni. I am also a Muslim. Whenever something horrible happens to innocent people by terrorists, us normal Muslims usually are at the receiving end of peoples anger. I sort of don't blame people for this but at the same time, it's not fair on other Muslims to deal with the sh*t left by terrorists.

I don't want to generalise but lets be honest, many people wouldn't blink twice if we all got up and just left. Not that us leaving is going to fix any of this but I'd rather not be in a society where I am being judged for what others are doing and also being constantly worried about my or my relatives/friends safety.

Personally, I want to leave as soon as I graduate. Just wanted to know the views of other Muslims? And if you are planning on staying, then why? I can't think of many reasons tbh.

Again, I am not saying all Europeans but I would guess that a frightening majority would just say "adios", if we leave.

P.S. I won't respond to insults or mockery etc.
    im not muslim but i have never ever blamed muslims for these terror attacks, ever.
    its a very small amount of people who carry out these attacks compared the the majority who dont do it, so why blame them all for it? i dont understand.
    the extremists WANT muslims to get blamed for it.
    not everyone blames muslims, please remember this and i feel very sorry for the ones getting blamed who are innocent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    im not muslim but i have never ever blamed muslims for these terror attacks, ever.
    its a very small amount of people who carry out these attacks compared the the majority who dont do it, so why blame them all for it? i dont understand.
    the extremists WANT muslims to get blamed for it.
    not everyone blames muslims, please remember this and i feel very sorry for the ones getting blamed who are innocent
    Yes, I understand it is not everyone but IMO the majority does do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justaquestion?)
    Yes, I understand it is not everyone but IMO the majority does do this.
    it makes me sad how shallow minded people are

ReputationRep:
    It is sad, but there is not much that we can do about it.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.