The Student Room Group

Gained weight and I'm so upset- how do I lose it???

I used to be obese as a child- I'm talking about being about 13-14 stone at 5'4.
I lost the weight when I started being more active. At GCSEs I was 10.7st and a size 12 then dropped to 10st and a size 10 over the summer. My lowest weight was 9.12 a few days before Christmas.
However, sixth form has stressed me out and I've gained weight in the past few months. I'm in year 12 and planning to leave to go to a better sixth form but the toll has meant I'm now 10.5. I'm a heavy (?!) size 12 and my non-stretchy jeans are a little tight on the thighs. I have never been so upset about my weight than I am now, even when I was massive. I don't want to go out with my friends and I change my outfit multiple times in the morning before I leave. I'm disgusted and feel like utter rubbish compared to my friends (who are all tiny 4-8s anyway). I know it's true weight gain as it hasn't come off within a few days (unlike when I retain water- I've know my water weight to make me fluctuate from 10-10.8 but I dont think this is the case).
What can I do? How do I get my weight down quickly? I'm very active (I work with horses and my fitbit records over 20,000 steps a day with usually 1 hour+ active minutes). I just feel so hopeless and down :frown:
Your BMI comes across as normal/ slightly overweight, so keep it in proportion.

You lose weight by being at a calorie deficit, that is eating less than your body burns in a day. If you eat less then you lose weight its that simple.

To know how much you are eating, then you need to weigh your food and track calories. Some kicthen scales will help.

Go and join My fitness pal and you will have it all explained to you on the forums plis make some friends. Nothing to be down about its straightforward, just be patient and consistent eating at a deficit and it comes off. You are just slightly overweight. You should lose at 0.5-1lb a week.
can you try and work out where the weight is coming from? you say you're stressed, are you binging/comfort eating as a result of stress? are you eating junk in the college cafeteria where you used to bring a packed lunch? etc... if you identify the problem you should be able to fix it and find a happy middle ground, remember your weight hasn't flown out of control, it's half a stone, probably other people barely notice it, if at all
If she joins mfp then she will track her calories daly and it becomes obvious.
STARCH. Rice, corn, potato, sweet potato. Follow a starch based diet. Eliminate the junk foods from your diet. Don't calorie count. Eat the right foods and the weight will melt off.
Svsolutely calorie count and go join MFP you lose weight based on deficit. No matter what you eat. It wont melt off if you are in surplus.

Quick Reply

Latest