Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

im falling in love with someone and i dont want to. i want it to stop! how can i make it stop?

love cannot be stopped

(Original post by Anonymous)
    love cannot be stopped
    thats something i dont want to hear

ReputationRep:
    why do you want it to stop ?

ReputationRep:
    Distract yourself with other things

im falling in love with someone and i dont want to. i want it to stop! how can i make it stop?
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    get away from them, dont talk to them, pick up a hobby or something keep your mind away from their thoughts,
    run before its too latee!!

You could try spending a bit less time with the person just while you get over them? Maybe it's just a crush and will go away with time. Are you sure that it's such a bad thing that you're falling in love with them?

Hope it all ends up going well, good luck!

(Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    why do you want it to stop ?
    i dont know. maybe because of rejection. its not me. i feel stupid

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Distract yourself with other things
    im trying to, i need better distractions

You could try spending a bit less time with the person just while you get over them? Maybe it's just a crush and will go away with time. Are you sure that it's such a bad thing that you're falling in love with them?

Hope it all ends up going well, good luck!
    i just dont feel ready, and itll end badly, i know it will. its too much to explain. i dont want to upset them, and start avoiding him. it wouldnt be fair. i just dont know

Is falling in love with this person an absolute non-option?

Because unfortunately, I'd have to echo what the other Anon said and say love isn't a thing that's easily stopped. Feelings aren't always rational and can develop even when you don't want them to.

If this is a person you could never explore a relationship with, I'd advise you do your best to try and manage the feelings and hope they pass with time. It's a situation no one wants to be in, but it happens.

Take care. :hugs:

(Original post by Tootles)
    Why not?
    itll end badly, i know it

Why?

ReputationRep:
    :pinch:dont worry it will be alright:console:

(Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Is falling in love with this person an absolute non-option?

Because unfortunately, I'd have to echo what the other Anon said and say love isn't a thing that's easily stopped. Feelings aren't always rational and can develop even when you don't want them to.

If this is a person you could never explore a relationship with, I'd advise you do your best to try and manage the feelings and hope they pass with time. It's a situation no one wants to be in, but it happens.

Take care. :hugs:
    its not him, hes great, its actually me. and the situation im in. and how im like
    it would end in tears and that wouldnt be fair on him. i just really need to stop these feelings..as stupid as it sounds

(Original post by Tootles)
    Why?
    its hard to explain, and i dont want to explain to much because people will probably figure out who i am.

ReputationRep:
    Don't talk to them...Go out and get laid. Done.

How do you know it? Do you have definitive proof that it will end badly? Or could this just be your fear talking?

If you don't feel comfortable exploring this at the moment, that's fine, but ensure it's not just your fear making you cautious to pursue it. Change is good - it's how we grow.

Do you know if he reciprocates these feelings at all?

(Original post by Ishea16)
    :pinch:dont worry it will be alright:console:
    i hope so thank you
    wish i could stop it
    feel stupid

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.