Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by KissMyAbs)
    Don't talk to them...Go out and get laid. Done.
    not my personality to do that lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i hope so thank you
    wish i could stop it
    feel stupid
    pm me lol

ReputationRep:
    best way is to distance yourself from that person and remove any reminders

ReputationRep:
    not my personality to do that lol

Doesn't need to be.

(Original post by acupofgreentea)
    How do you know it? Do you have definitive proof that it will end badly? Or could this just be your fear talking?

If you don't feel comfortable exploring this at the moment, that's fine, but ensure it's not just your fear making you cautious to pursue it. Change is good - it's how we grow.

Do you know if he reciprocates these feelings at all?
    it could be a mixture of fear and me knowing for a fact that it will end badly
    i dont think, i think he did at one point
    maybe not anymore

(Original post by curiousduck)
    best way is to distance yourself from that person and remove any reminders
    i would like to do that but its hard to tell you why i cant without me spilling out too much

i shouldnt have made this thread lol

its not him, hes great, its actually me. and the situation im in. and how im like
    it would end in tears and that wouldnt be fair on him. i just really need to stop these feelings..as stupid as it sounds
    I can understand that.

If you have things you need to work through that you feel would affect it if anything did happen between you, I could understand you wanting to focus on yourself without those feelings for now.

In that case, I really can't advise anything but what my previous advice was - try your best to put a hold on the feelings and hope they go away. As others have said, the other suggestion that sometimes works is trying to distance yourself a tad while you work through the feelings, but it wouldn't be the best method in my opinion and I'd have to have exhausted all other options first.

Good luck and I hope your situation and how you're feeling - that just in terms of this guy, but in general - look better soon. :hugs:

(Original post by Ishea16)
    pm me i hav a story
    but you'll find out who i am

(Original post by acupofgreentea)
    I can understand that.

If you have things you need to work through that you feel would affect it if anything did happen between you, I could understand you wanting to focus on yourself without those feelings for now.

In that case, I really can't advise anything but what my previous advice was - try your best to put a hold on the feelings and hope they go away. As others have said, the other suggestion that sometimes works is trying to distance yourself a tad while you work through the feelings, but it wouldn't be the best method in my opinion and I'd have to have exhausted all other options first.

Good luck and I hope your situation and how you're feeling - that just in terms of this guy, but in general - look better soon. :hugs:
    thank you! alot of the people on here are saying the same thing. i think i knew all along what i should do, but this makes me so sad

thank you again

im falling in love with someone and i dont want to. i want it to stop! how can i make it stop?
    You're ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    You're ****ed.
    lol it seems like that but it gets better

thank you! alot of the people on here are saying the same thing. i think i knew all along what i should do, but this makes me so sad

thank you again
    To be honest, my thought would be to see how it goes - I think a lot of the time, you can become stuck in this mindset of, "It will definitely go wrong" and unless you never challenge that, you're always going to be cautious when it comes to this.

You don't have any proof it will go wrong or that you'll hurt him - this is all just worries. At the same time, though, you know your situation much better and we're only offered a very brief view into it, so you're always going to be the one that knows how to deal with it best. If you feel you need to work on yourself first, that's understandable, but the fact you feel sad at the prospect of trying to stop the feelings infers there's a part of you that would want to pursue it. Just ensure you're doing this based on the fact you know you need to work on yourself and not based on non fact-based fears that it won't work out or you'll hurt him.

ReputationRep:
    get a 10 bag of weed and all your troubles will fly away

ReputationRep:
    ok his my advice: whenever you have the chance
    Spoiler:
    Show
    EAT DAT BOOTY

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.