Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whats the best uni accommodation for a first year at Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    All depends what you want, I'll give you quick help with each of the main ones:
    Taly South (where I am now): ensuites, decent quality, the most social, closest to a lot, 15 minute walk to main campus.
    Taly North: worst quality of the Taly's and can be very small, nearer to big tesco, also quite social.
    Taly Gate: best quality as it is new, double beds, not as social and a bit quieter.
    Taly Court: 2nd best quality, got a sofa and is closest to uni, not as social and a bit quieter from what I've heard
    Colum Hall and Aberconway: they;re opposite each other and closest to uni, but havent been inside.
    Uni Halls: an absolute trek to get there, 45 minute walk from uni and rooms are average with no ensuite.

Hope this helps!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Looking for someone to take over my contract at Northgate house apartments, Collegiate property.It is a premier studio with a personal kitchen / All Bills Included. For the term 2016/2017. It has a brilliant city centre location. Located at Kingsway right across The Cardiff Castle.

Kindly revert back for details!!

ReputationRep:
    Taly South and Taly North are very social and pretty loud as this is where most people live. Journocardiff has summed the uni residences up pretty well but there are also 2 residences run by Liberty Living which are worth looking at. Last year I lived at Liberty Cambrian Point- slightly closer to uni than Taly by about 5 minutes and it has 24 hour security as well as being really nice inside. Each room has a 3/4 double bed and an ensuite and is generally much better quality than Taly South. It's a bit more expensive but it's definitely worth putting it down- it was my 4th accommodation choice but I'm so glad I ended up there as my room was so nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naomi_tw)
    Taly South and Taly North are very social and pretty loud as this is where most people live. Journocardiff has summed the uni residences up pretty well but there are also 2 residences run by Liberty Living which are worth looking at. Last year I lived at Liberty Cambrian Point- slightly closer to uni than Taly by about 5 minutes and it has 24 hour security as well as being really nice inside. Each room has a 3/4 double bed and an ensuite and is generally much better quality than Taly South. It's a bit more expensive but it's definitely worth putting it down- it was my 4th accommodation choice but I'm so glad I ended up there as my room was so nice.
    HI
    Hope you don't mind me asking but ive just been offered accommodation via Cardiff uni for Cambrian point, it wasn't my first choice as I wanted to be in Tally but wondered if you could tell me anymore about it? Is there a good mix of first year students aand any social?

thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 19, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.