Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm in my second year at uni at the minute, and looking to become a nursery/ reception teacher after I graduate.
    I'm just so confused on what I need to do!
    I live in Newcastle and don't want to leave/ it wouldn't be practical or affordable for me to move away. But when I use the UCAS teacher training site to search for Early Years courses, the only suitable one seems to be a Northumbria uni course, but the course is a non QTS one. Will that be useless to me? I want to teach in schools, and I don't think this qualifies me. Can't seem to find any suitable local courses, which seems crazy, and don't know where to turn! I emailed Northumbria and got an awful, generic response from admin.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.