Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was advised by the university im applying for to submit my application for my postgrad now as competition is high, this way at least I would be in the system and supporting documents can be uploaded at a later stage.

The application form mentions that adding referees email addresses will speed up the application process as they can contact the referees directly, I haven't included their email addresses as I haven't asked them for a reference yet. I obviously don't want the university I'm applying to contacting my referees directly, I need to ask them first. Can I submit my application, ask my referees myself and supply the references at a later date? hope this makes sense

Someone I know from last year who gained a place on this course submitted his application on this same date last year and was asked for references immediately, but he didn't actually supply them until 7 weeks after.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Havent you answered your own question?Put the application in and add e-mails at a later date. They cnat contact if they dont have details. get on with it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.