Likelihood of getting into Edinburgh through Adjustment? Watch

CluelessAnxiety
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm an EU student who got rejected from Edinburgh for International Relations. Say I ended up earning (International Baccalaureate) something like 666 at HL and overall 40. Would there be any possibility of then using Adjustment to get in, assuming I exceeded the requirements of my conditional firm offer? I've read some years Edinburgh doesn't even make any offers to home fee students through Adjustment.
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CluelessAnxiety)
I'm an EU student who got rejected from Edinburgh for International Relations. Say I ended up earning (International Baccalaureate) something like 666 at HL and overall 40. Would there be any possibility of then using Adjustment to get in, assuming I exceeded the requirements of my conditional firm offer? I've read some years Edinburgh doesn't even make any offers to home fee students through Adjustment.
Last year Edinburgh only had 1 course available in clearing/adjustment so it is unlikely. Also given they have already rejected you it is highly unlikely they would take you in adjustment.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CluelessAnxiety)
If you have been rejected already by Edinburgh (or any other university for that matter) then your chances are zilch, I'm afraid. If they had liked your application they could have taken a chance on you by giving you a high offer, but they didn't. Your better bet would be to take a year out and reapply with achieved grades if you do get higher than expected. The numbers placed in any university through Adjustment are tiny. (1160 in 2014)
http://www.theguardian.com/education...lts-university
CluelessAnxiety
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay, good to know. Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads