The Student Room Group

Likelihood of getting into Edinburgh through Adjustment?

I'm an EU student who got rejected from Edinburgh for International Relations. Say I ended up earning (International Baccalaureate) something like 666 at HL and overall 40. Would there be any possibility of then using Adjustment to get in, assuming I exceeded the requirements of my conditional firm offer? I've read some years Edinburgh doesn't even make any offers to home fee students through Adjustment.
Original post by CluelessAnxiety
I'm an EU student who got rejected from Edinburgh for International Relations. Say I ended up earning (International Baccalaureate) something like 666 at HL and overall 40. Would there be any possibility of then using Adjustment to get in, assuming I exceeded the requirements of my conditional firm offer? I've read some years Edinburgh doesn't even make any offers to home fee students through Adjustment.

Last year Edinburgh only had 1 course available in clearing/adjustment so it is unlikely. Also given they have already rejected you it is highly unlikely they would take you in adjustment.
Original post by CluelessAnxiety

If you have been rejected already by Edinburgh (or any other university for that matter) then your chances are zilch, I'm afraid. If they had liked your application they could have taken a chance on you by giving you a high offer, but they didn't. Your better bet would be to take a year out and reapply with achieved grades if you do get higher than expected. The numbers placed in any university through Adjustment are tiny. (1160 in 2014)
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/aug/07/students-adjustment-a-level-results-university
Okay, good to know. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending