Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Meal Prep companies -> Worth it? watch

ReputationRep:
    To those who are either currently at university/going to university or who are working yet
    don't have the time to cook/can't cook, are paying meal prep companies for x meal with macro
    breakdown etc worth it?

I saw one company called " fit fuel " and wanted to know if anybody else used it or any other
    meal prep companies.

Also, do you believe they are expensive given the cost of the meal & the margin the company has
    to charge to make a profit? Obviously, you can make the meal at a cheaper cost but would cost you time
    I.e cooking, weighing food etc whereas the meal delivered just needs to be heated up and that's it with the calories & macros there for you.

Its all about sustainability when chasing after this :dumbells: :drool: lifestyle.

Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't need to learn to cook at all, most can't cook, unless you count an omelette or rice with baked chicken/fish cooking, it tastes good imo but it hardly qualifies. Get a rice cooker, a scale and oats. Meal prep for for carbs is sorted protein same principle, cook and freeze chicken or cook it from scratch if you want. I'd keep fats low regardless just because studies show high carb low fat lean bulks result in a better muscle to fat gain ratio. Just watch a few YT channels and you'll get the hang of it not at home atm but I'll post a few guys with solid nutrition content later on
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    This whole excuse of not having time to cook as a student is utter rubbish.

You do, you just can't manage your time. I do 9-5 lectures; between an hour and 2 hours working after that; I exercise, maintain a social life and cook.

Cooking really doesn't take up that much time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    No, you don't need to learn to cook at all, most can't cook, unless you count an omelette or rice with baked chicken/fish cooking, it tastes good imo but it hardly qualifies. Get a rice cooker, a scale and oats. Meal prep for for carbs is sorted protein same principle, cook and freeze chicken or cook it from scratch if you want. I'd keep fats low regardless just because studies show high carb low fat lean bulks result in a better muscle to fat gain ratio. Just watch a few YT channels and you'll get the hang of it not at home atm but I'll post a few guys with solid nutrition content later on
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    This whole excuse of not having time to cook as a student is utter rubbish.

You do, you just can't manage your time. I do 9-5 lectures; between an hour and 2 hours working after that; I exercise, maintain a social life and cook.

Cooking really doesn't take up that much time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I'm not saying that meal prep meals are 100% must but they do save time. Obviously, the skills are essential as you need to be able to do those things yourself later on in life but are quite handy in the short run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Yeah, I'm not saying that meal prep meals are 100% must but they do save time. Obviously, the skills are essential as you need to be able to do those things yourself later on in life but are quite handy in the short run.
    Just do it yourself, a few hours twice a week with some tupperware boxes, easy. Or a meal plan, you're probably thinking it has to be fancy. Or better yet, IIFYM as long as you get your macros in by the end of the day with fairly frequent meals you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    To those who are either currently at university/going to university or who are working yet
    don't have the time to cook/can't cook, are paying meal prep companies for x meal with macro
    breakdown etc worth it?

I saw one company called " fit fuel " and wanted to know if anybody else used it or any other
    meal prep companies.

Also, do you believe they are expensive given the cost of the meal & the margin the company has
    to charge to make a profit? Obviously, you can make the meal at a cheaper cost but would cost you time
    I.e cooking, weighing food etc whereas the meal delivered just needs to be heated up and that's it with the calories & macros there for you.

Its all about sustainability when chasing after this :dumbells: :drool: lifestyle.

Opinions?
    Not worth it, extremely expensive.

There is always time to cook. Buy/cook in bulk and utilize your freezer. I cook different meals almost every day because rice, chicken and greens bores me to death. Learning to cook is a life skill and it gets easier over time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 29, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.