Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As homework we've been asked to research parasites and more specifically, head lice. One question is: "What are the difficulties that they face in their environment?" or something along the lines of that. I can't find anything about that so, can anyone help?
    Much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit of an odd question for homework. I'm a vet student so I don't know much about human lice but thinking along the lines of lice on domestic animals I would suggest thinking about the following:
    temperature and moisture fluctuations
    different climates and adaptations
    activities undertaken by the host: swimming, etc
    transmission between humans

I hope this helps but its quite a bizarre question really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tenrec)
    That's a bit of an odd question for homework. I'm a vet student so I don't know much about human lice but thinking along the lines of lice on domestic animals I would suggest thinking about the following:
    temperature and moisture fluctuations
    different climates and adaptations
    activities undertaken by the host: swimming, etc
    transmission between humans

I hope this helps but its quite a bizarre question really
    I know it is! Really quite odd. Thank you - this is very helpful!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 26, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.