Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I'm not looking for a conclusive answer, but just an impression of my chances of getting into Oxbridge for my postgraduate.

I had a really horrid first year, for all sorts of reasons, at Newcastle University finishing with 57% (a high 2:2). How much will this first year affect my application? Afterwards, I transferred to the University of York, has a great reputation for my subject, and I'm now in my second year here. The year is split up into three projects, and I've got 68% in the first (high 2:1) and a strong first for my second.

Say I also get a strong first for my final project this year, and repeat this next year also, how do my chances stand of getting into Oxford for a master's? Thought this would be the best place to get an impression of the quality of fellow applicants in regards to my own chances. There's roughly 19 places to 54 over a 3 year average.

Thanks for any help at all!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.