Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyyyyy everyone,

So in year 10 I failed all of my maths exams. In the summer holidays I tried really hard and got myself a tutor. And now I am a C grade student. But the problem is my maths teacher refuses to let me do higher tier and I know everything because I revised hard. (I moved four levels up). On parents evening she told me I shouldn't even dream about doing the higher paper and doubted my maths abilities in front of my mother. My maths teacher won't budge at all I have tried to talk to her but she refused completely. But in the mocks I got a higher level than anyone in my class on the foundation test including the higher tier students. My teacher made them do the foundation paper to compare their results and they got below me. But she is still refusing and I have contacted private exam boards but they all do their exams on the same days as mine. So what would you do not go to the school one and sit a private one? Or wait to November and do a private paper then but pay £300? I want to do A level maths for college that's why I pushed myself so hard. My GCSE is in less than 2 months, but I know I am capable of getting and A or B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHussein7)
    Heyyyyyyy everyone,

So in year 10 I failed all of my maths exams. In the summer holidays I tried really hard and got myself a tutor. And now I am a C grade student. But the problem is my maths teacher refuses to let me do higher tier and I know everything because I revised hard. (I moved four levels up). On parents evening she told me I shouldn't even dream about doing the higher paper and doubted my maths abilities in front of my mother. My maths teacher won't budge at all I have tried to talk to her but she refused completely. But in the mocks I got a higher level than anyone in my class on the foundation test including the higher tier students. My teacher made them do the foundation paper to compare their results and they got below me. But she is still refusing and I have contacted private exam boards but they all do their exams on the same days as mine. So what would you do not go to the school one and sit a private one? Or wait to November and do a private paper then but pay £300? I want to do A level maths for college that's why I pushed myself so hard. My GCSE is in less than 2 months, but I know I am capable of getting and A or B.
    Maybe go to the head of Maths and ask them to give you a mock on higher tier papers and make a condition like if you get higher than a C than they would allow you onto higher tier papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    Maybe go to the head of Maths and ask them to give you a mock on higher tier papers and make a condition like if you get higher than a C than they would allow you onto higher tier papers.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She is the head of Maths but I might go to the head teacher and ask her if she can give me a paper to do. Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.