Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There are 2 solution i see to help with this country's obesity.

1. Make an hour of compulsory exercise for everyone in the UK (everyone who is able to)
    2. Make a silly sugar tax+ other probable taxes which will also come into play to reduce the people's spending power and make the poor poorer.

See option 2 is like forcing something upon someone which no-one wants. It's forcing people to buy less drinks.
    Other options would include exercising and changing people's lifestyles.

I say if people want to be fat then let them be, but tell them don't come running when you have obesity related problem. (applies to people who willing become fat or have no willpower to stop themselves eating i.e. i just took a bite and oh well i ate tons more than i was supposed to)

Opinions all welcome ^-^

ReputationRep:
    I welcome the TAX.
    Obesity costs the NHS millions each year, the funding for these operations have to come from somewhere, why not from the items that made these people obese ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    I welcome the TAX.
    Obesity costs the NHS millions each year, the funding for these operations have to come from somewhere, why not from the items that made these people obese ?
    That's people willing become obese they keep on consuming sugary and fatty things to make them obese.

Because then you're not just punishing the regulars who have these often, you're punishing everyone else who maybe wants to have an occasional drink or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Upon glancing into the mirror, and finding that he resembled the moon whilst constipated, David Cameron had an epiphany. He promptly called George Osborne to Downing Street, and told him to implement the sugar tax into the Budget immediately, for a sugar tax was the only way of saving national GDP from Eric Pickles's voracious appetite for biscuits.

ReputationRep:
    It's just the government nannying the people again. Treating them like they're idiots, saying don't do this and font do that, but exploiting them at the same time, trying to grab as much money as they can from us. Let's look at the facts: the government is using the excuse that some people are obese to get more money from all people.

ReputationRep:
    I think obese people should just not get as much help from the NHS, like get an allowance and if they don't better themselves and keep gaining weight then they should be left to their own devices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody_Pigeon)
    Upon glancing into the mirror, and finding that he resembled the moon whilst constipated, David Cameron had an epiphany. He promptly called George Osborne to Downing Street, and told him to implement the sugar tax into the Budget immediately, for a sugar tax was the only way of saving national GDP from Eric Pickles's voracious appetite for biscuits.
    o.o well then......

(Original post by similarBlank)
    It's just the government nannying the people again. Treating them like they're idiots, saying don't do this and font do that, but exploiting them at the same time, trying to grab as much money as they can from us. Let's look at the facts: the government is using the excuse that some people are obese to get more money from all people.
    that's one way of looking at it...

(Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I think obese people should just not get as much help from the NHS, like get an allowance and if they don't better themselves and keep gaining weight then they should be left to their own devices.
    They shouldn't, bad in the past there wasn't really anyone who was seriously obese, it's because people choose no exercise for some reason or other or because i'm too lazy or some other bs and they keep eating and increasing amount of food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    o.o well then......

that's one way of looking at it...

They shouldn't, bad in the past there wasn't really anyone who was seriously obese, it's because people choose no exercise for some reason or other or because i'm too lazy or some other bs and they keep eating and increasing amount of food
    How would you make sure people do this hour of exercise time? Someone who's heavily obese won't become normal by just an hour a week of exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    How would you make sure people do this hour of exercise time? Someone who's heavily obese won't become normal by just an hour a week of exercise.
    i'm super tempted to say it's their fault for being such a fat f**k but i'm not here to tell people what they can and can't do, i'm here to make suggestions.

So maybe they could do light exercise like walking or something light that won't kill them xD

I think maybe every 2 days or even everyday, dam dude if it was weekly no-one would lose anything, only thing they'd lose is an hour of their time since they're not doing enough to make their time effective and useful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.