ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    I'm a warrior? Srs?

Cheers brah, would like to meet you to
    Sorry, typo. I meant Zeus. Srs. Hnstly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Well, I don't really believe that they are nicer than me. I'm a cynic so I have a hard time taking seriously people whom others would consider nice or altruistic. I tend to see them as posers who care more about being seen to be charitable than about any genuine altruism, and I'm usually right. :beard:
    Wow that cynicism is intense. I get what you mean- I guess this is part of the notion that no acts are truly selfless. However, from an academic standpoint we are built to be altruistic and often evolutionarily speaking it is possible for eusocial behaviour to evolve through standard natural-selection processes.

Spoiler:
    Show

I do some voluntary work for homeless people in Edinburgh and not only actively but I spend time talking to them on the streets as and when and giving them enough money to stay somewhere for the night (there are some hostels here which take them for £15 a night) and there are now a few homeless people I have built a rapport with and chat to. I don’t talk about this because I’m not doing it for recognition or to be seen as being anything. I’m only talking about it to you now because it’s relevant. I don’t have any other motivations apart from the fact that the situation upsets me and I realise that the circumstances we are born into can determine our outcomes. I also believe that for sustainability of the civilisation less fortunate people should be helped as to avoid the negative impacts of micro and macro inequality. So maybe my driver is some sort of peace or happiness which I believe is more conducive to the health and longevity of our species. Idk

By the way, this is also the sort of person I usually mean when I use, 'regressive' or 'regressive liberal' as pejoratives.)
    I know the exact type :mmm:

Yes I know what you mean though. It’s like the types of people that fit into Greenpeace and you know what I think about them. Doing things for the sake of them but that actually don’t really make a lot of sense/aren’t progressive or productive.

Other times it's just plain old envy-inspired contempt, hoping that I was more like someone whom I consider to be morally of socially superior to myself.
    I now get why you don’t like me very much

Morally superior is my middle name.

I'm afraid I enjoy both types of ridicule. I think some (actually, rather a lot of) people deserve what someone like you would call 'bullying' ridicule -- I suppose there's still a chance for a consensus depending on what you mean by 'discernible and justifiable.' :lol: I think it's more or less wholly justified when I take the trouble to pour verbal acid on someone. :3
    I completely disagree that anyone deserves that treatment and frankly I think that’s a terrible outlook. You might think it’s justified but in my experience what people believe is their justification is normally based on assumptions or simply not knowing all the information. Because of how I am I always take account for the fact that people’’s actions can be based on stuff which is not immediately obvious and erring on the side of compassion is the best way to be.

But different people are also necessary, and I respect our differences. And I also am genuinely quite glad that I haven’t felt the true extent of your wrath/cynicism and you have mostly been quite nice even when you are disagreeing with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody)
    I'd love to meet stop888 maria.x and FrenchUnicorn. All of them perfect friends of mine. And oh ravioliyears for her love of aviation too :lol:
    Aw, well that's not impossible. The flight literally takes 45 minutes w 4 hours by car. Summer vacation maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I didn't mean it like that, I have no idea what the guy's like in real life.
    It's not a pretty sight.

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    You're pretty arrogant on here tbf.
    Better than being a 26 year old thirst bucket smh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shia Kafir)
    It's not a pretty sight.

Better than being a 26 year old thirst bucket smh.
    Ageist.

ReputationRep:
    Ageist.
    http://www.mumsnet.com/

Now you do. *And* you're now using 'creepy' correctly. It must be Christmas come early. :ahee:
    I'm disappointed you are back to english language I can't say creepy anymore :cry2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    YAY I'm a great unicorn who can say weird english words :cool:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. :holmes: In either case, I was only playing, not trying to make a move on her, if that's the impression you got...
    He does not speak your language :cry2: :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I tried that and nobody gave me attention and so my ego and narcissism really suffered.

The opportunities for thirst are limited on there.

It's way too serious/reminds me how much of a non-adult I am.

There is no gem system like here.

ReputationRep:
    Awwww I would definitely love to meet you too. You seem so genuine and lovely. :hugs:
    Thank you! That means a lot! Hey, why spread negativity? We all have enough personal problems, as it is. nice to see a stranger being thoughtful sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I tried that and nobody gave me attention and so my ego and narcissism really suffered.

The opportunities for thirst are limited on there.
    Leave these poor teenage boys alone, I beg you. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Leave these poor teenage boys alone, I beg you. :sigh:
    What about the teenage girls?! SEXIST

ReputationRep:
    Pls be careful because my ego is incredibly big already and I need to manage expectations that actually I'm pretty average/terrible/not a real person

Also I'm moving to London at the same time as you so maybe we could actually be friends? :woo:

What are you studying at UCL ?
    Shhh, it's alright, deep down everybody knows that like every girl on the internet, you're just an ordinary 37-year-old candy van driver with a big fat moustache and hairy beer belly, Bob. :yep:

Ehrmagerrrd that's awesome! :excited: Everyone's gonna be so jelly. They see us rollin', they hatin' :cool:

Biomedical Sciences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    ***** plz am already a beautiful princess :hand:

Ugh iz u srs. Transracial is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh 2015. Am transpecies. I identify as a centaur, about to start my transition when I turn 18

:lol:
    centaur :toofunny:

(Original post by nucdev)
    :rofl::rofl: and hence my surprise at your answers haha
    :poke:

ReputationRep:
    The prepubescent males seem to be bigger victims of your thirst.
    Well considering my lower limit is 19 I wouldn't call that prepubescent :erm:

Unless of course, you consider yourself prepubescent.

Neg me all you like- I know you like me so it doesn't bother me

ReputationRep:
    Well considering my lower limit is 19 I wouldn't call that prepubescent :erm:
    :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    Zargabaath (because I want to see if you are really a frog)
    I can confirm I'm a real frog :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It's not a pretty sight.
    Ouch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I can confirm I'm a real frog :yep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: the prophecy was true after all this time! :rofl: How do I say 'you are a frog' in frog speak? :lol:

Spoiler because it's kinda long.

Ethereal World. The spoiler ****ed up, and my phone is being uncooperative so I'll respond to the first two paragraphs separately.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know the exact type :mmm:
    I actually wasn't talking about him. :lol:
    He's actually the opposite of a regressive from what I know of him.

Yes I know what you mean though. It’s like the types of people that fit into Greenpeace and you know what I think about them. Doing things for the sake of them but that actually don’t really make a lot of sense/aren’t progressive or productive.
    Hmm, an unconventional example, but I suppose that's right. :holmes:

I now get why you don’t like me very much
    Morally superior is my middle name.
    I like you just fine but don't consider you to be particularly superior in a moral sense, although you are socially superior, I'd say. :yes: I'm crap with people.

Also, that's a terrible middle name.

I completely disagree that anyone deserves that treatment and frankly I think that’s a terrible outlook.
    Agree to disagree.

You might think it’s justified but in my experience what people believe is their justification is normally based on assumptions or simply not knowing all the information. Because of how I am I always take account for the fact that people’’s actions can be based on stuff which is not immediately obvious
    Long, so I've spoilered it.

This is overly generous, in my view. I don't care about the feelings of somebody who makes excuses for terrorism, for instance. I can't be expected to know everything about a person's background if they come out with drivel -- it's their responsibility not say controversial things if they don't have thick skin, not my responsibility to limit or censor my critique of thin-skinned individuals who can only dish it out.

and erring on the side of compassion is the best way to be.
    Agree to agree to disagree, once again. Surely you're not saying that I should let slide as much crap as needed to avoid the possibility of one unjustly hurt feeling? These things have to be considered from a cost/benefit point of view, I think.

But different people are also necessary, and I respect our differences.
    I often think that respect is an overused word, primarily because people confuse it with tolerance. You can expect tolerance; respect has to be earned.

And I also am genuinely quite glad that I haven’t felt the true extent of your wrath/cynicism and you have mostly been quite nice even when you are disagreeing with me.
    I think I've mentioned how I sometimes feel like I lead a double life on TSR, since a lot of people with whom I interact outside the debate forums seem to think I'm some uber-nice person to everyone when I'm really not. I can usually argue 'with respect' but have no tolerance for some things (e.g. defending terrorism or terrorists or sex offenders or arguing dishonestly -- I've no time at all for brain rot of that kind, sorry), and I think that's fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: the prophecy was true after all this time! :rofl: How do I say 'you are a frog' in frog speak? :lol:
    Ribbit, ribbit, reeeeee

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.