Turn on thread page Beta

Which Tsrian would you like to meet and... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)

Soz fam, I'm only human :lol:
    :lol:
    The 700 verse long lecture I gave you that day should have turned you into a superhuman by now :huff:
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Ribbit, ribbit, reeeeee
    Oh wow cool! I shall remember that one!

Also do you identify as a male or female frog (yes I know they aren't gender specific) :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    Oh wow cool! I shall remember that one!

Also do you identify as a male or female frog (yes I know they aren't gender specific) :lol:
    Both. At the same time :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Both. At the same time :rofl:
    God sakes frog I said pick a gender!! :rofl:

Okay, well which is your favourite gender then? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    God sakes frog I said pick a gender!! :rofl:

Okay, well which is your favourite gender then? :lol:
    Hmmm I'll have to think on that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    The 700 verse long lecture I gave you that day should have turned you into a superhuman by now :huff:
    :laugh:
    700 verses is loooong tho, should've given me a tl;dr :lol:

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    Wow that cynicism is intense. I get what you mean- I guess this is part of the notion that no acts are truly selfless. However, from an academic standpoint we are built to be altruistic and often evolutionarily speaking it is possible for eusocial behaviour to evolve through standard natural-selection processes.
    Surely you also know that the instinctive altruism is also selfish? :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show

I do some voluntary work for homeless people in Edinburgh and not only actively but I spend time talking to them on the streets as and when and giving them enough money to stay somewhere for the night (there are some hostels here which take them for £15 a night) and there are now a few homeless people I have built a rapport with and chat to. I don’t talk about this because I’m not doing it for recognition or to be seen as being anything. I’m only talking about it to you now because it’s relevant. I don’t have any other motivations apart from the fact that the situation upsets me and I realise that the circumstances we are born into can determine our outcomes. I also believe that for sustainability of the civilisation less fortunate people should be helped as to avoid the negative impacts of micro and macro inequality. So maybe my driver is some sort of peace or happiness which I believe is more conducive to the health and longevity of our species. Idk
    That's admirable. :yep:

Rest of my reply is in post #521 because the mobile site sucks.

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    I'm disappointed you are back to english language I can't say creepy anymore :cry2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    YAY I'm a great unicorn who can say weird english words :cool:
    It's still English.

Spoiler:
    Show
    That you are/can.

He does not speak your language :cry2: :cry2:
    He doesn't, does he. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Spoiler because it's kinda long.

Ethereal World. The spoiler ****ed up, and my phone is being uncooperative so I'll respond to the first two paragraphs separately.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I actually wasn't talking about him. :lol:
    He's actually the opposite of a regressive from what I know of him.

Also, that's a terrible middle name.

Agree to disagree.

This is overly generous, in my view. I don't care about the feelings of somebody who makes excuses for terrorism, for instance. I can't be expected to know everything about a person's background if they come out with drivel -- it's their responsibility not say controversial things if they don't have thick skin, not my responsibility to limit or censor my critique of thin-skinned individuals who can only dish it out.

Agree to agree to disagree, once again. Surely you're not saying that I should let slide as much crap as needed to avoid the possibility of one unjustly hurt feeling? These things have to be considered from a cost/benefit point of view, I think.
    Good post. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I'll have to think on that one
    That's okay.... choose wisely O'froggy one

ReputationRep:
    700 verses is loooong tho, should've given me a tl;dr :lol:
    It was a tl;dr version - at least compared to the other ones I inspired :innocent:
    :rofl:

Here, have an even shorter version:
    "Abandon all ego and attachment; whilst continuously working to the best of your ability" :toofunny:

It's still English.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That you are/can.

He doesn't, does he. :cry:
    No it's Hydglish :unimpressed:

Naaaaah he does not :cry:

Edit :
    Spoiler:
    Show
    just realised that it sounds slightly german :lol:

No it's Hydglish :unimpressed:

Naaaaah he does not :cry:

Edit :
    Spoiler:
    Show
    just realised that it sounds slightly german :lol:
    Or Englishman. :lol: And that's an actual word.

Doesn't sound German to me but I'll take your word for it, unicorn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    It was a tl;dr version - at least compared to the other ones I inspired :innocent:
    :rofl:

Here, have an even shorter version:
    "Abandon all ego and attachment; whilst continuously working to the best of your ability" :toofunny:
    Sounds awfully communist comrade :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Well, no one for dating purposes. I wouldn't mind meeting leavingthecity and chemting for a coffee though, they really know their stuff and I imagine we'd have some fantastic conversations about scientific topics.

Or Englishman. :lol: And that's an actual word.

Doesn't sound German to me but I'll take your word for it, unicorn.
    Mine was better ! :unimpressed:
    And it made me think about "heilig" which mean "holy" (in case of you don't speak german , "ig" is read "ish" (not exactly but it's the best way to explain)

Mine was better ! :unimpressed:
    And it made me think about "heilig" which mean "holy" (in case of you don't speak german , "ig" is read "ish" (not exactly but it's the best way to explain)
    If you say so.

And no, I don't speak German but I studied it for four years in school so I know enough to know that. Thanks for telling me anyway.

Sounds awfully communist comrade :curious:
    A Commie! Tell the village folk to gather their pitchforks! :mob:

If you say so.

And no, I don't speak German but I studied it for four years in school so I know enough to know that. Thanks for telling me anyway.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :nyan:

I can confirm I'm a real frog :yep:
    Yeah, I'm glad to see you've got an avatar of yourself up again.

I never did get around to asking you who the hell that guy was you had as your avatar for a short while. :innocent:

x
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've found it's important - especially on TSR - to create a divide between the person themselves and their opinions (and with that, on TSR, how they are in the debates section to a certain extent). As a person, I think you're quite lovely and entertaining, so that's how I view you.

While I will admit I don't observe you in debates that often, I think - when I have seen you - you're quite civil. A lot blunter than I tend to be during debates, yes, but you still put your point across in a logical manner and conduct yourself in a lot more of a respectful manner than a lot of others I've seen. :lol:

That's my two cents, as I suspect I was included in those you say wrongly think you're "uber nice." :lol:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.