The Student Room Group

In need of urgent help! Transferring into second year somewhere else

Hello

I am a second year uni student currently on a leave of absence due to medical and personal issues. I have not finished my second year but passed my first with a low 2:2.

I was wondering how likely is it if I applied through UCAS now to gain entry into second year at another university? How often/likely does this happen. What sort of university am I looking at applying to as I am currently at a good Russell Group institution. I got AAB in my A levels and I'm currently doing a joint honours humanities course at a top 20 uni.

I have been told to contact the university's and ask whether or not my first year modules match up but this isn't very likely as every university's modules are different.

I could just wait out the leave of absence and come back the next year but I was looking for a fresh start and my illness has prevented me from excelling. Will other universitys take m personal/medical issues on board or should I abstain from disclosing them. Is it too late due to the passing of the January deadline?

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by veryloststudent
Hello

I am a second year uni student currently on a leave of absence due to medical and personal issues. I have not finished my second year but passed my first with a low 2:2.

I was wondering how likely is it if I applied through UCAS now to gain entry into second year at another university? How often/likely does this happen. What sort of university am I looking at applying to as I am currently at a good Russell Group institution. I got AAB in my A levels and I'm currently doing a joint honours humanities course at a top 20 uni.

I have been told to contact the university's and ask whether or not my first year modules match up but this isn't very likely as every university's modules are different.

I could just wait out the leave of absence and come back the next year but I was looking for a fresh start and my illness has prevented me from excelling. Will other universitys take m personal/medical issues on board or should I abstain from disclosing them. Is it too late due to the passing of the January deadline?

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you

You may find some of the answers to your questions here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending