Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Advice please does anyone know, once you have been accepted by a training provider supposedly starting September 2016 but have not secured a school placement yet how near to September could it be before Its obvious it's not actually going to happen this year many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Not sure I understand the situation.

If you've been accepted, you've got a place. The provider will arrange school placements as a matter of course, and if it's school direct I would assume they knew from the minute the offer was made where you would be teaching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeLynsey)
    Not sure I understand the situation.

If you've been accepted, you've got a place. The provider will arrange school placements as a matter of course, and if it's school direct I would assume they knew from the minute the offer was made where you would be teaching.
    I thought so too except after two unsuccessful interviews at schools I'm now not so sure although the SCITT schools direct salaried training provider has told me not too worry I just wondered about others experiences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mumsy123)
    I thought so too except after two unsuccessful interviews at schools I'm now not so sure although the SCITT schools direct salaried training provider has told me not too worry I just wondered about others experiences
    I think if you've been accepted to be trained under a certain provider, it's their job to place you; I've not heard of a similar situation before but pretty sure they can's turn around and say that you've not secured the placement, therefore you're not starting the course...

On the other hand, my own experience with School Direct was different: I didn't go to the provider for the interview, instead, I went to the actual schools, and once I've been accepted by the school, the training provider then contacted me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi thank you for all your help in this matter my experience is the opposite spent exhaustive interview day at a lead school with the training providers and I was really put through my paces as expected I received confirmation I'd been successful and it seems the hunt is now on for a school to train at.

ReputationRep:
    I had this same situation when I trained. Don't worry they eventually found me a school. You still have to go through an interview process as the school are employing you.
    Have faith in the training provider they work with lots of schools. I was working out of the borough and didn't get a school until May/June.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sangria)
    I had this same situation when I trained. Don't worry they eventually found me a school. You still have to go through an interview process as the school are employing you.
    Have faith in the training provider they work with lots of schools. I was working out of the borough and didn't get a school until May/June.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for the reassurance

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.