Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of working 2 jobs in my gap year- one from 9-5 and one 6-11. I can already get the 6-11pm job as ive worked there before so i would just need to apply to say tecos or another general retail store. Any of you think it might be too much? In that year all I need to is apply for uni having received my A levels. I want the extra money for uni and have already saved 3.5k for it.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by martinnmartin)
    I was thinking of working 2 jobs in my gap year- one from 9-5 and one 6-11. I can already get the 6-11pm job as ive worked there before so i would just need to apply to say tecos or another general retail store. Any of you think it might be too much? In that year all I need to is apply for uni having received my A levels. I want the extra money for uni and have already saved 3.5k for it.
    Are you going to be able to organise leave from both at the same time? otherwise you'll never get a break? Will they both stick rigidly to those times, otherwise it won't work? Is this 5 days per week?

ReputationRep:
    Some I work with at the moment works all day in school from 8 till 4.30. then on a Thursday and Friday(sometimes) she then works in the evening at the same place that I work. then works all day on Saturday and Sunday. it is possible but it hard work

ReputationRep:
    One job 6/7 days a week
    The other probably 5 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Are you going to be able to organise leave from both at the same time? otherwise you'll never get a break? Will they both stick rigidly to those times, otherwise it won't work? Is this 5 days per week?
    One job only opens from 5 PM so should be fine all I need to do is ask for hours say 8-4 or something. I don't need a break lol I'll just go to sleep when I get home

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martinnmartin)
    You should do the night one everyday and have the 9-5 every other day or vice versa so you don't burn out. It's important to have other hobbies and interests too in your gap year because honestly, you won't get time like this again in your life where you can still live with your parents, with no bills to pay and pursue something you like, so use it wisely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    You should do the night one everyday and have the 9-5 every other day or vice versa so you don't burn out. It's important to have other hobbies and interests too in your gap year because honestly, you won't get time like this again in your life where you can still live with your parents, with no bills to pay and pursue something you like, so use it wisely!
    I agree

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.