Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently, I received offers for computer science from the following universities:

University of Southampton - G401 (MEng)
    University of Bristol - G403(Meng)
    University of Glasgow - G400(Bsc)

The conditions for Glasgow are A*A*A*, and, for the other two, AAA

Which one do you think I should choose ?

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow is A*A*A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by costindev)
    Recently, I received offers for computer science from the following universities:

Lol Glasgow are mugging you off

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow?

Are they even in the top 10

df is going on

ReputationRep:
    you could go cambridge if you got that glasgow offer wtf

ReputationRep:

Is the Glasgow offer for entry straight into the second year? Regardless, I rank them Bristol > Southampton > Glasgow. I was put of Glasgow's CS course by the way their prospectus seemed to have copied and pasted the description of their computer science course into the pages for informatics and software engineering.

It seems a bit pointless to go for Glasgow with those requirements, as if you achieved them you could get into Oxbridge or Imperial (which you would presumably prefer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abishek Malhotra)
    University of Mumbai - 121, Mahatma Gandhi Rd, Kala Ghoda, Fort Kala Ghoda, Fort Mumbai, Maharashtra
    😂😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    Is the Glasgow offer for entry straight into the second year? Regardless, I rank them Bristol > Southampton > Glasgow. I was put of Glasgow's CS course by the way their prospectus seemed to have copied and pasted the description of their computer science course into the pages for informatics and software engineering.

It seems a bit pointless to go for Glasgow with those requirements, as if you achieved them you could get into Oxbridge or Imperial (which you would presumably prefer).
    Thank you!
    Do you have any particular reason for saying that Bristol is better than Southampton ?

Does anyone have a different opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    Do you have any particular reason for saying that Bristol is better than Southampton ?

Does anyone have a different opinion?
    I applied to Bristol (for CS with maths), but not to Southampton mainly based on the lower entry requirements of Southampton. I think Bristol is generally slightly better regarded (and higher in league tables) and I was very impressed with the computer science department there on the open day. Southampton is also perfectly good though, so I would base your decision on differences in course details, accommodation, location, grade requirements, bursaries etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.