The Student Room Group

Holding grudges

I've been thinking. Is there any point in holding grudges in life? Can we always forgive somebody? Over the last few months a girl I used to be really close friends with has completely turned against me because it turned out she liked me as more than just a friend and I rejected her. But then literally just before she got a boyfriend I started to like her as more than a friend. She is still with her bf and we barely even look at each other. I think she and her bf actually try laughing at me behind my back. Should I try to resolve this because deep down, I still have feelings for her and I know she does for me. I just can't stand this conflict anymore
Reply 1
Sounds like a case of wanting what you can't have. She is with someone else now and you should respect that.
Reply 2
Original post by MrDogg
I've been thinking. Is there any point in holding grudges in life? Can we always forgive somebody? Over the last few months a girl I used to be really close friends with has completely turned against me because it turned out she liked me as more than just a friend and I rejected her. But then literally just before she got a boyfriend I started to like her as more than a friend. She is still with her bf and we barely even look at each other. I think she and her bf actually try laughing at me behind my back. Should I try to resolve this because deep down, I still have feelings for her and I know she does for me. I just can't stand this conflict anymore

Happens.
Soon it will not matter.
Reply 3
Original post by MrDogg

To be honest, you did reject her and if she feels happy with her current boyfriend, you should respect that and use it as a lesson. we can't help who we like and the time , but don't expect her to be civil with you unless she still cherishes your friendship. Just focus on yourself and try and move on, she may be petty around you but, you don't need that now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending