Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cutting, do I need to join the gym? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its 45 mins to the gym for the next 2 or 3 months Im living really far out in the countryside at the moment. Cba to buy weights as I move after then

Is running around the area and body weight exercises ok if I mainly want to lose fat? Dont have muscle, but is it fine to lose weight now and then start lifting only if I bulk later

ReputationRep:
    You should build muscle first as it will make it much easier to lose fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamil Tiger)
    Its 45 mins to the gym (by car!) but I can workout at home without weights, any suggestions ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by MACmakeupgirl)
    Its 45 mins to the gym for the next 2 or 3 months Im living really far out in the countryside at the moment. Cba to buy weights as I move after then

Is running around the area and body weight exercises ok if I mainly want to lose fat? Dont have muscle, but is it fine to lose weight now and then start lifting only if I bulk later
    Absolutely fine IMO. I always say it's best to start from decent bodyfat levels when you first start lifting.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tamil Tiger)
    Might make it a bit easier, but it's certainly not necessary and will only make a huge difference when you've gained a significant amount of muscle, which for a female takes a fairly long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Absolutely fine IMO. I always say it's best to start from decent bodyfat levels when you first start lifting.
    Thanks, what kind of bodyweight exercises are good
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by MACmakeupgirl)
    Thanks, what kind of bodyweight exercises are good
    Anything for general exercise purposes really. Push ups, chin ups if you have a bar, got a wide choice.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.