Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else excited for this
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I think it looks okay...however it's not my type of game though and I wouldn't play it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I've heard a lot of very negative stuff about it. Apparently they've had a redesign recently so it's not looking as dire as it once was but the reviews for the beta on Steam speak for themselves. However, there are some alternatives that look promising, like Planet Coaster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I think it looks okay...however it's not my type of game though and I wouldn't play it.
    What's your type of game?

(Original post by Plagioclase)
    I've heard a lot of very negative stuff about it. Apparently they've had a redesign recently so it's not looking as dire as it once was but the reviews for the beta on Steam speak for themselves. However, there are some alternatives that look promising, like Planet Coaster.
    I've had a skim through, could be worse I suppose. Yeah they overhauled the graphics because they were a bit silly and cartoonish initially. Planet Coaster looks really good. There was this other coaster game I saw, you can buy it in chunks as opposed to a complete package, not sure if that's the same game. Meant to be really realistic.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    I've had a skim through, could be worse I suppose. Yeah they overhauled the graphics because they were a bit silly and cartoonish initially. Planet Coaster looks really good. There was this other coaster game I saw, you can buy it in chunks as opposed to a complete package, not sure if that's the same game. Meant to be really realistic.
    Do have a look at Planet Coaster though. I completely forgot about it (thanks for reminding me!) but it looks brilliant and the alpha has apparently just finished so there's some very exciting footage. Looks like a true successor to RCT3.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I am quite excited, but I love rct2 and don't see how they could improve on that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I am quite excited, but I love rct2 and don't see how they could improve on that
    3d graphics..being able to go on the rides yourself? A bit like RT3?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    3d graphics..being able to go on the rides yourself? A bit like RT3?
    I hate 3

ReputationRep:
    Not heard of it. I've played RCT original, RCT 2 for a bit longer, then RCT3 for ungodly hours. Hey, we should share coaster designs!

ReputationRep:
    When is it due to come out?

Ive also been following details on planet coaster. It looks pretty good too. Love tycoon games

ReputationRep:
    Planet coaster is made by the same people who made RCT3 which I love. RCW has had like 4 different developers and has 70% negative reviews on steam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.