Turn on thread page Beta

Guys! - do you ever miss your ex girlfriends? watch

Do guys ever miss their ex girlfriends? if so, how long after the breakup does it take until missing her kicks in? would you ever want her back? or at least text her to see how shes doing?

ReputationRep:
    Only in the beginning.
    Once you get a new girlfriend then you think of them very little.

ReputationRep:
    Some guys do, some don't. It's not healthy to get hung up on whether your ex is thinking about you or not. Focus on other things and move on.

ReputationRep:
    I think of one in particular in honesty, not my last one, it's fairly healthy though and it's really not just as simple as moving on or finding another person, some people are just rare.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    At the beginning I missed her and wanted to get back.

Then I realised it was a waste of time, and that I was still hanging on to feelings from when we were in the relationship, and I was also missing being with someone, not specifically them.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    At first, I missed one or two but not most to be honest.

Now, I miss none.

ReputationRep:
    I miss one, but can't exactly work out why.

ReputationRep:
    If I had a ex, I would miss her short term...

(Original post by whorace)
    I think of one in particular in honesty, not my last one, it's fairly healthy though and it's really not just as simple as moving on or finding another person, some people are just rare.
    Would you ever want to get back with her given the chance? did you try and fix things with her after your breakup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you ever want to get back with her given the chance? did you try and fix things with her after your breakup?
    No, but more due to principle not feeling, I didn't bother trying to fix things with her because she clearly had issues (and insisted she take them out on me instead of working together) and it was over, but idk guess I did care for her more than others, i've dropped someone else like that with ease.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, I do, I think it's just loneliness though. When I am sitting on a bench or somewhere familiar I think I wish she was here because if she was here we would be talking about this or that.

But whenever I find someone new, I automatically give her a lot more attention than my old relationship.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.