Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering if any students currently studying Electronic engineering at Exeter could give me their opinions of the course please? I've missed the offer holder days because I received my offer so late..I would really appreciate it if someone could give their thoughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockConcert)
    Hi, I was just wondering if any students currently studying Electronic engineering at Exeter could give me their opinions of the course please? I've missed the offer holder days because I received my offer so late..I would really appreciate it if someone could give their thoughts
    Avoid it.

I'm just about to finish up my MEng in Electronic Engineering here and quite frankly it's not been a good 4 years.

The standard of teaching has on the whole been poor, I can only think of two genuinely good lecturers and a few decent ones that I've had while the rest have been anything from bad to awful. The course content itself has been largely boring, very little in the way of any practical elements and it seems pretty out of date with little content that is relevant nowadays, and the workshop/lab facilities for Electronics are dreadful.

Quite frankly if I could go back 4 years knowing what I do now there is no way in hell I'd have applied here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Avoid it.

I'm just about to finish up my MEng in Electronic Engineering here and quite frankly it's not been a good 4 years.

The standard of teaching has on the whole been poor, I can only think of two genuinely good lecturers and a few decent ones that I've had while the rest have been anything from bad to awful. The course content itself has been largely boring, very little in the way of any practical elements and it seems pretty out of date with little content that is relevant nowadays, and the workshop/lab facilities for Electronics are dreadful.

Quite frankly if I could go back 4 years knowing what I do now there is no way in hell I'd have applied here.
    Ok, thanks for saying! Definitely think I won't make it my 1st/back up choice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 25, 2016

University open days

1. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Exeter Guide

Accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Exeter Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.