Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1. Hello guys! I am an EU student( first year, but i lived in UK for the last 3 years) when I applied for a tuition fee loan on student finance, a maintenance loan was offered too. But I have now read on gov.uk that EU students can't apply for a maintenance loan. So is a maintenance loan authorized to EU students ? If not, why does my application (that is now submitted) not require me to send evidence of UK nationality (or having lived in the UK for 3/5 years) but only evidence of EU nationality ?
    Please help
    thank you
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Crissu)
    1. Hello guys! I am an EU student( first year, but i lived in UK for the last 3 years) when I applied for a tuition fee loan on student finance, a maintenance loan was offered too. But I have now read on gov.uk that EU students can't apply for a maintenance loan. So is a maintenance loan authorized to EU students ? If not, why does my application (that is now submitted) not require me to send evidence of UK nationality (or having lived in the UK for 3/5 years) but only evidence of EU nationality ?
    Please help
    thank you
    Did you apply through https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login ?

If so have you applied already?

If you did then you've applied through the correct route at the correct time. The rules changed recently meaning that students who have been in the UK for more than 3 years but less than 5 will not be eligible for maintenance loans if they didn't apply by the end of today.
    http://www.slc.co.uk/stakeholders-pa...nationals.aspx

Keep an eye on your account on the SFE portal for any requests for evidence and send through any requested information as soon as they ask for it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.