Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone !
    I need some help. I come from Poland but I live in Milton Keynes. In next two years I want to pass A level exams (biology,chemistry and math) BUT ... I want to learn at home so I need good materials. There are two different types of books A level: AQA and OCR how can I know from which I have to learn????

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    When you apply to do biology,chemistry and math you will have to choose a exam board.
    For example, you may do AQA Biology but OCR Maths, you should take time to look over the specification for each one and see which one you will find the most interesting and enjoyable. Once you have chosen the exam board, you should buy the matching revision guide.
    Hope this helps,
    Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    Hi,
    When you apply to do biology,chemistry and math you will have to choose a exam board.
    For example, you may do AQA Biology but OCR Maths, you should take time to look over the specification for each one and see which one you will find the most interesting and enjoyable. Once you have chosen the exam board, you should buy the matching revision guide.
    Hope this helps,
    Lee
    Thank you for your help !! I am looking for informations in Internet but there is so many things to know that is why I need someone's help So this is only my decision what will I choose? Both will give me the same qualifications? Or maybe OCR is better than AQA? Or AQA better than OCR? Any differences between them? Or this is only my decision which "units" I want to learn ?

ReputationRep:
    They will all give you the same credit e.g. "A-level in biology" regardless of if you choose AQA or OCR these are simply the people who put the course on. You should see which units you prefer and base your decision on this.
    Hope this helps,
    Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    They will all give you the same credit e.g. "A-level in biology" regardless of if you choose AQA or OCR these are simply the people who put the course on. You should see which units you prefer and base your decision on this.
    Hope this helps,
    Lee

Thank you very much for help!!! You are my hero :P
    As you said I need to check both specifications and choose this one what will be better for me Just last question (I hope)... when should I `book` my exams? On the beginning (so now) or after this two years when I will be ready for an exam? I am asking because in Poland it looks completely different and I want to be sure that I`m doing everything in good way ;P

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, you will have to contact your exam board for information on booking exam entries .
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/student-suppor...ate-candidates
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/ocr-for/learne...te-candidates/
    Have a look,
    Hope this helps,
    Lee

ReputationRep:
    edexcel.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.