Turn on thread page Beta

Corbyn camp leaks "enemies list" watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just finished reading a book about political ads by Matt Delaney,

Very good and absolutely reinforced my existing concerns. Corbyn seems to a respawn of Michael Foot and the Labour Party seems to have an ideological aversion to winning out of intellectual laziness and idealism. It's not about left or right but about ruthlessness- and i think that's the real reason the Tories win so much. Corbyn doesn't stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Just finished reading a book about political ads by Matt Delaney,

Very good and absolutely reinforced my existing concerns. Corbyn seems to a respawn of Michael Foot and the Labour Party seems to have an ideological aversion to winning out of intellectual laziness and idealism. It's not about left or right but about ruthlessness- and i think that's the real reason the Tories win so much. Corbyn doesn't stand a chance.
    There just seems to be no plan for winning. No strategy. Even ignoring all his views. That to me is the most disappointing thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    There just seems to be no plan for winning. No strategy. Even ignoring all his views. That to me is the most disappointing thing.
    There's a chapter in the book about how in the early nineties Mandelson brought in a group of undecided voters who they needed to win in '92. The labour strategic director apparently walked out and said they were a 'bunch of tories'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    There's a chapter in the book about how in the early nineties Mandelson brought in a group of undecided voters who they needed to win in '92. The labour strategic director apparently walked out and said they were a 'bunch of tories'.
    Mandelson was a brilliant political strategist. New Labour was pretty much his child.
    It will be interesting what happens though because the tories are becoming increasingly unpopular by the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeastOfSyracuse)
    Errr, no. She is the standard-bearer of the moderate faction in Young Labour, and she was elected on their ticket. That is a fact. If you're unaware of it, perhaps you're not well-informed enough about Labour politics to be commenting?

The reason for your confusion is the hard left spend so long shrieking hysterically about how all Blairites are right-wing traitors, that when they actually look at their politics and work out what they support, they think these moderates must be left-wingers because obviously only the hard left support cause X.Y,Z.

The arrogance of the Corbynista is astonishing, these are the same morons who blather on about how apparently right-wing Ed Miliband was supposed to be. Ironic given his announced policies were actually substantially more radical than what John McDonnell has announced

You've cited a picture of her holding up a sign which says a picket line is not a crime, something which every single member of the Labour Party would agree with. It comes across as slightly masturbatory and confused that you'd be so pleased with yourself for finding it

It's typical, by the way, that you assume that if someone opposes Corbyn they must be New Labourites. In fact, they span all wings of the party, from the trade union old Labour right to the Progress New Labour faction to the Millibandite soft left to the co-op left. But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised; the Momentum folk tend to start shrieking "Red Tory Blairite scum" whenever someone expresses doubts about the dear leader

ReputationRep:
    Having an "enemies list" was a characteristic of the Nixon administration. It seems that those in Corbyn's office have put together just such a list and then leaked it. Some have speculated that this is designed to signal to the moderates that Corbyn has enough support in the PLP to be renominated in a leadership contest.

The irony is that many of those identified on the list as "neutral but not hostile" are extremely hostile to Corbyn and believe he will lead the party to defeat and possibly destruction. In that way, the list clearly underplays just how many people in the PLP despise Corbyn and everything he stands for

http://www.newstatesman.com/2016/03/...iends-and-foes
    Who is actually on the list, the link does not work.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.