Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why do people use the word creep all the time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Someone on you tube just reported me because I said a girl had great tits. It was kind of rude but I meant it as a compliment but the girl labelled me a 'creep'. Is it me or has the word become a kind of slur to any man who expresses any sexual/romantic interest in women.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because YouTube isn't the best place to compliment someone's tits...

ReputationRep:
    let me see
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Is it me or has the word become a kind of slur to any man who expresses any romantic interest in women.
    You are completely right! Men should be able to express romantic interest more!

Obviously tits and ass are a bit much and even 'hot' can be replaced preferably with beautiful but you're on the right lines completely!!

Someone on you tube just reported me because I said a girl had great tits.

ReputationRep:
    Because you're a creep? Or you're just not hot.

ReputationRep:
    That's creepy tbh

ReputationRep:
    Because I exist :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Because you're a creep? Or you're just not hot.
    true often used if you are a not good looking enough man but then I don't have my photo on you tube so she would not know

ReputationRep:
    true often used if you are a not good looking enough man but then I don't have my photo on you tube so she would not know
    Creep is just something someone finds unpleasant and uncomfortable, if you say a girl has nice tits and that's the only thing you say she will think you are a creep, and who can blame her. There are exceptions obviously, but a lot of people will not be comfortable with that.

ReputationRep:
    That is Soooooooooo true.

ReputationRep:
    If you find the word being used around you a lot I have bad news for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Because I exist :perv:

ReputationRep:
    Someone on you tube just reported me because I said a girl had great tits. It was kind of rude but I meant it as a compliment but the girl labelled me a 'creep'. Is it me or has the word become a kind of slur to any man who expresses any sexual/romantic interest in women.
    Maybe you should have said
    " You have great mammary glands"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Creep is just something someone finds unpleasant and uncomfortable, if you say a girl has nice tits and that's the only thing you say she will think you are a creep, and who can blame her. There are exceptions obviously, but a lot of people will not be comfortable with that.
    no she didn't mind it was another girl who was whinging

ReputationRep:
    Creep is not my favourite Radiohead song.

ReputationRep:
    Because theres plenty of creepy people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Creep is not my favourite Radiohead song.
    Wooh Radiohead fan! Hi 5 bro! What are your favourite songs? Mine are There There, Nude and Codex.

I like playing Nude when I am with children :creep:

ReputationRep:
    Its just a social media/tumblr buzzword employed by various pampered westernettes not actually used to experiencing genuine fear/abuse. A gang of Moroccans threatening to gang rape yer that is creepy, a guy on his own in the corner of a nightclub does NOT constitute a genuine threat in any form. Also it kind of depends on the aura of the individual being targeted, if its a 6ft 5 Brazilian its not a creep but a guy with acne casually enquiring on a coffee date that would be according to their logic.

ReputationRep:
    Check the comments on Hannah Minx's vids tho :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I find that the word is often used to describe guys who express a sexual or romantic interest in women in a way that suggests they care a lot more about the woman's body than about who she is as a person. Your comment fits that description.

ReputationRep:
    How do you get reported on YouTube?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.