Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why do people use the word creep all the time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Is it me or has the word become a kind of slur to any man who expresses any sexual/romantic interest in women.
    It's used to refer to men who blatantly express sexual interest in women in an inappropriate way (e.g. without first having received any hint or clue from them that they even want you to direct such attention towards them).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Global Shahada)
    Its just a social media/tumblr buzzword employed by various pampered westernettes not actually used to experiencing genuine fear/abuse. A gang of Moroccans threatening to gang rape yer that is creepy, a guy on his own in the corner of a nightclub does NOT constitute a genuine threat in any form. Also it kind of depends on the aura of the individual being targeted, if its a 6ft 5 Brazilian its not a creep but a guy with acne casually enquiring on a coffee date that would be according to their logic.

Gadzooks!

Impressive answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    It's used to refer to men who blatantly express sexual interest in women in an inappropriate way (e.g. without first having received any hint or clue from them that they even want you to direct such attention towards them).

Sure.But I reckon 75% of all males have done that at one time or another.

(Which begs the question,for how long do the perps remain 'creeps'?)

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly used by women to describe men who they fimd ugly. For a man they find attractive their responses would probably be "omg he was so straightforward but I like his confidence. Giggle giggle."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    It's mostly used by women to describe men who they fimd ugly. For a man they find attractive their responses would probably be "omg he was so straightforward but I like his confidence. Giggle giggle."
    haha this, sorry OP.

ReputationRep:
    Haha 'please sir I was being romantic' lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Sure.But I reckon 75% of all males have done that at one time or another.
    I don't know what percentage of males might have done it, but I think no matter how high it is, it doesn't make it right, nor does it make it unfair to label such actions as "creepy".

I think it's always possible to get an idea whether someone might be interested in sexual attention or not, long before you give it to them overtly. Or if not, you can stay on the safe side and just keep it to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you taking youtube comment thread replies seriously though? More autistic than reddit users. And it's a more defining word than: loser, weirdo etc and you can't really reply to everyone as a paedo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    For a man they find attractive their responses would probably be "omg he was so straightforward but I like his confidence. Giggle giggle."
    I doubt many women would have that reaction to a man who catcalls "show us yer tits babe" from across the street, even if he did happen to be good looking.

ReputationRep:
    Creepy is used a lot because its kinda middle ground. Say someone follows you home. They dont hurt you or talk to you in any way but it gives you a bad vibe. Say a thirty year old is being a bit gross to a fourteen year old but he hasnt said anything or done anything to her its just his attitude... Those are all creepy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade Goodey)
    How do you get reported on YouTube?
    I dunno of you can but that's what she reckons your profile is evil lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    haha this, sorry OP.
    Would make sense if I had a picture on there but I don't.

ReputationRep:
    I just get tired of hearing it I wouldn't mind if someone said the word pervert or rude but creep is just a pointless annoying word.

ReputationRep:
    Would make sense if I had a picture on there but I don't.
    ok heres what happens. she secretly likes it, but displays disgust. why else would she display her boobs especially on YouTube where there are perverts. to fish compliments.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I just get tired of hearing it I wouldn't mind if someone said the word pervert or rude but creep is just a pointless annoying word.
    Then don't say things like what you said in the OP.

ReputationRep:
    *****es like to give themselves a temporary feeling of superiority/make someone else feel bad. Best policy is to: A) Not be creepy; B) Be unabashed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    I find that the word is often used to describe guys who express a sexual or romantic interest in women in a way that suggests they care a lot more about the woman's body than about who she is as a person
    well, having a body is pretty much a necessary condition in order to be a person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    well, having a body is pretty much a necessary condition in order to be a person
    It is, but it's not the most important bit where a long-term relationship is concerned.

Hydeman this thread is made for you and your great language :beard:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Because theres plenty of creepy people
    Define creepy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.