Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Looking to apply for medicine 2017 entry. I have got 6 A*s 5 A's and 2 B's at GCSE, I am taking Chemistry Biology PE and RE predicted AA*A*A, I have got both three weeks work experience and volunteering, as well as being a competitive swimmer for over 9 years, as well as being Captain at the club as well as part time life guarding and being a prefect at school. I am hoping to apply to Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester and St Andrews, any advice please help?

ReputationRep:
    From my perspective, yes. I think those are an amazing set of results. You should be proud of yourself I hope to god I get results like those. You can definitely study medicine, however expect some students to out-rank you (such as students with 11A*s or something like that.) I have a friend who is currently in 6th form, and is hoping to study medicine, and he got lower results than those. I maybe in-experienced with topics such as this, but I do believe you could get anywhere with those results, as long as you stay motivated.

ReputationRep:
    I know people with lower results than that who got offers, and people with higher results who got 4 rejections. As it stands you are in a competitive position currently and once you have done the UKCAT you can then make an informed decision as to which schools to apply to.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying I know the UKCAT will be important, so will just have to make sure to do well thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.