Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking to apply for medicine 2017 entry. I have got 6 A*s 5 A's and 2 B's at GCSE, I am taking Chemistry Biology PE and RE predicted AA*A*A, I have got both three weeks work experience and volunteering, as well as being a competitive swimmer for over 9 years, as well as being Captain at the club as well as part time life guarding and being a prefect at school. I am hoping to apply to Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester and St Andrews, any advice please help?

ReputationRep:
    From my perspective, yes. I think those are an amazing set of results. You should be proud of yourself I hope to god I get results like those. You can definitely study medicine, however expect some students to out-rank you (such as students with 11A*s or something like that.) I have a friend who is currently in 6th form, and is hoping to study medicine, and he got lower results than those. I maybe in-experienced with topics such as this, but I do believe you could get anywhere with those results, as long as you stay motivated.

ReputationRep:
    I know people with lower results than that who got offers, and people with higher results who got 4 rejections. As it stands you are in a competitive position currently and once you have done the UKCAT you can then make an informed decision as to which schools to apply to.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying I know the UKCAT will be important, so will just have to make sure to do well thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.