Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    I do History
    Studying law at LSE is my absolute dream, is there any advice you could give me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by highfly)
    Studying law at LSE is my absolute dream, is there any advice you could give me
    Learn Singlish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade Goodey)
    Learn Singlish.
    Pardon me

ReputationRep:
    Pardon me
    Portmanteau of Singapore/an and English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    ofc but if you meet the required grades, then its are you interesting enough based on your ps, then its how you do at interview.
    LSE doesn't interview for law.

these are what I am predicted for AS and hopefully for A2 , I'm just trying to get 4A's at AS to make up for my standard GCSE grades but thank you this has really given me faith
    if you get AABB+ at AS then you have a chance.

talking about A2 predictions at this stage is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    What chance do I stand for law at LSE
    GCSE: A* A* A* A B B B B C C D
    AS: AAAA
    A2: A* A* A*
    strong personal statement

any advice is widely appreciated

ps, extenuating circumstances at GCSE thats why I underperformed
    Someone I know applied for Law at LSE. They got ABBC at AS (or something along the lines) and got an offer, so you'll be fine.

What chance do I stand for law at LSE
    GCSE: A* A* A* A B B B B C C D
    AS: AAAA
    A2: A* A* A*
    strong personal statement

any advice is widely appreciated

ps, extenuating circumstances at GCSE thats why I underperformed
    So long as you achieve AAAA at AS, I would say that you are pretty much guaranteed an offer. Universities really do take extenuating circumstances into account re GCSEs.

My friend only has 5 GCSEs (though all are A*s) because she arrived in England from Korea in year 11 so had to revise for all her exams in one year.

Similarly, I missed the second half of year 10 and most of year 11 because I was very ill and almost died. Ended up only sitting 8 GCSEs so I only got 8 A*s.

My friend and I now both have offers from Cambridge and she also has an offer from LSE. Just make sure you have your school write a letter explaining the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Long story short, you're grades a fine. Just focus on your extracurricular and interview.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2016
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.